Friends.

This whole week dragged. All I did was go to class, avoid Draco and Blaise, cry, and had nightmares. I still couldn't eat, I was so tired I fell asleep in Transfigurations. Which everyone noticed, even Draco.
As embarrassing that was, I still managed an A on our test which I barely studied for. Each day it was getting easier to talk about what happened. Even Harry apologized for not being supportive. Now I had all of my friends back, I never felt alone anymore. I had a great support team, they were patient with me and let me cry and feel the sadness and held my hand.
The Yule ball was in a couple of weeks and all everyone's talking about is what they're going to wear and who they were going with. I should've been sharing the excitement with them, but all it did was depress me and make me wish I was going with Draco.

That night while in the library studying someone sat in the chair across from me. I looked up and it was Cedric "Hey"
"Hi? What are you doing" I ask.
"What a friend can't come by and ask how you're doing?"
I give him a look I've hardly seen him months.
"Alright, so I heard you and Draco broke up...."
I roll my eye "hasn't everyone"
I was not in the mood
"And I was thinking maybe we can go together to the Yule ball"
"No" I immediately say. "I'm not in a good place right now and I think it would be a bad idea"
"Are you sure ?"
"Yes Cedric, I can't go"
"Alright. Well if you change your mind, I'll be around"
I sigh and get back to my book.

Later while in the common room with Ginny and hermione I tell them what Cedric says.
"I know you're not in the greatest place right now, but I think it would be a good idea" Ginny says. "It's a good way to get over Draco, even if you don't want to hang out with Cedric the whole time you can hang with us"
Hermione nods "yeah. Plus you can try to make Draco jealous "
I haven't thought of that idea
"I don't know...." I say. I really wasn't ready to be with someone
"You know you don't have to date Cedric to go to the ball with him" Ginny says reading my mind.
I sigh "I know but Draco..."
"Will regret that he ever broke your heart" hermione says.
"This is your first Yule ball. I think skipping it would be dumb" Ginny says.
I really did want to go, I was looking forward to it even before the whole Draco and Cedric mess.
"Would I be shitty to take advantage of Cedric to make Draco jealous?" I ask.
"You wouldn't be taking advantage of him. Think of it as going to the Yule ball with a really good friend, and Draco happens to be there." Ginny says. "Please please go! I need some support when I see Harry and cho together" Ginny begs.
I roll my eyes "if I say I'll go will you guys just drop it"
"Yes" they both say.
"Alright I'll go, but someone better smuggle vodka in" I joke

The next day, I find Cedric after lunch surrounded by all his friends "alright I'll go to the Yule ball with you"
He looks surprised and all his friends are shocked. "But just as friends. That's all"
He nods his head "alright that's fine. I'm looking forward to it."
I look around and I spot Draco, who have overheard our conversation. He looks sad, I'm not sure why he's the one who broke up with me.

After that I hear whispers about me going to the Yule ball with Cedric.
"She's moving on too fast"
"She just doing it to make Draco jealous"
"It's not fair that she gets Cedric twice, some of us haven't even gotten a chance yet"
"Isn't she supposed to get over Draco first?"

I ignored it all. It doesn't help that I am still hurting over Draco.

The next day, I get a note from Ron telling me to go outside and dress warm. Confused I do what he says. Before I can comprehend what's going on I'm pelted in the face with something cold and wet. I look up and the world is covered in a white blanket. It snowed last night and there's a good amount on the ground. The very first snow of the year. "Oh it's on!" I yell and I make a snow ball. I throw it back and it hits his jacket.
I'm pelted by another one and another one, I'm being ganged up in by my friends. Fred and George sneak up behind me and dump snow on my head. I laugh hysterically and tackle them in the snow. We lay on the ground just giggling like little kids. The snowball fight lasts for a while. Ginny, hermione, and I get pelted by the boys and ultimately we lose. And then I decide to make snow angels with Ginny. I then make the worlds worst looking snow witch (like a snow man)

We all play in the snow for a while, then George suggests hot chocolate, which we drink by the fire in the common room. The boys tease us about them beating us and we laugh and tell them next time we'll win. It gets late out and as I get into bed I realize today was the first day since the breakup I've actually felt normal. The first time I've actually had fun and it felt refreshing. I didn't know how much I needed today until it happened. I go to bed with a smile on my face, maybe things are starting to actually look up.