Classes

The first day of classes is always sort of a rush. I love the smell of books and the sight of seeing first years rush to their classes.
I make my way to my first class which is potions. I end up sitting by Hermione and Ron.
"Alrighty class. I hope you did enough studying this summer to know the material for this year," snape grudgingly says, "open your book to page 676. We are going to learn about the dangers of a love potion. What is the number one danger of a love potion?"
Hermione unsurprisingly shoves her hand in the air. "The number one danger is tricking someone to feel something they might not have felt before"
"It's also manipulating someone's feelings. It can be dangerous because it can cause of whole mess" I add.
Snape, looking unamused gives 10 points to Gryffindor.
We end up learning the history of love potions, where they came from, and how to safely handle a love potion The class drags on and eventually it ends.
My next class is studies of magical creatures with hagrid. My favorite. I have visited Hagrid last year several times for him to teach me how to handle dragons and other mythical creatures from the forbidden forest. That's how he got me into a third year class.

As I'm making my way to Hagrids hut, I take in the beautiful weather, god the sun feels so good on my face. All of a sudden someone slams right into me; my books go flying and my papers go scattering across the dirt. "Fuck! Watch where you're-" I look up to see who the culprit is, suddenly I'm face to face with a green eyed hottie "Oh I'm so sorry! Here let me help you with that." He apologetically says.
"No it was my fault. I wasn't paying attention." I fluster. 
He grabs the last of my books, and sees my name written scribbled across the front cover "Aurelia? Interesting name" he smirks. My heart does a jump. "Yeah it was my grandmothers name." I push a piece  of hair behind my ear and bite my lip.
"Pretty, I'm Cedric, Cedric Diggory"
"Oooo Hufflepuff" I nod to his yellow and black robes, "that's why I haven't seen you before" I joke.
"And you're Gryffindor." He states.
My heart is thumping so fast and then I look around, the courtyards are empty,  "Oh shit I'm sorry I'm running late for class"
"Well I hope to see you around" Cedric says
"You will" I wink at him

When I arrive to class everyone stares at me. "Why are you so late Fontaine, you get caught up with another man?" Draco teases.
I ignore him "I'm sorry Hagrid, I kind of fell coming to class" everyone laughs.
"It's ok Aurelia, don't yer do it again"
I blush.
"Today were learning about the acromantual....."

After class while walking back to the castle I overhear Draco say  "I can't believe this oaf is still teaching this class, wait till my father hears about this"
I turn around "shut up, hagrid is a great teacher"
He smirks "oh look who finally stand up for something. You know you're not a very good Gryffindor if you're not brave enough to stand up for what you believe in" he howls, he's talking about before with the rumors "I wouldn't say the same thing about Blaise though, he's probably too forward."
He laughs with his friends.
"Why do you have to be such a bully. You put a bad taste in the slytherin name" I snap.
"Oooooo look at her trying to be so cool, just know you're not. And I'm about to get hagrid fired"
"Not if I can help it" I say.
"Aurelia, can I speak with you" hagrid intervenes. "Malfoy shouldn't ya be going to yer next class" Hagrid raises an eyebrow at Draco.
Draco rolls his eyes "ok Aurelia, teachers pet."

I walk back to hagrids shack with him. "I appreciate ya standing up fer me, but I don't want ya getting involved with this drama, ya should be focusing on this class. If ya wanna graduate to study mythical creatures" 
I nod "I understand sir, but Malfoy was just getting on my nerves. It won't happen again"
"Alrighy well, What I actually wanted to talk to ya  about issa part time job working fer me. Would ya help me with maintaining my hippogriff and any dragons that'll along?"
"Really?! I would love that so much. Thank you sir!" I exclaim.
"Now ya better get to yer next class, don't wanna be late fer another class" he smiles. "Come early mornings. Before yer classes."
"I'll be there" I smile.

My next class is defense against the dark arts. I look around and see my brother waving at me "Hey twerp. Heard you got it in with Malfoy. Glad you can stand your ground" he says.
"He is such an asshole" I sigh
"You think?"
My eyes linger at the door way, Cedric comes strolling in. My heart flutters and I wouldn't be surprised if all the girls hearts fluttered also. He looks at me and nods. He chooses the seat right in front of our table
He gives me a heart melting smile "long time no see"
"Told you I would be seeing you later" I flirt.
He smiles , "I'm glad, we can now become acquainted"
My brothers eyes boar into me. Knowing he's going to ask for all the details later, I ignore him.
"I mean if you need a study buddy, I'm here" I suggest.
"I'd like that."

"You have a huge crush on Cedric" my brother teases. "Shut up, I just met him."
"So? The way you gave him goo goo eyes and the way you melted tells a much different story"
"Does not. Anyways how's your love life going?" I ask.  He smiles "touché"