Dracos POV

When I sent that letter to Aurelia I really meant it. I am eager for her to write back soon. She really is the only good thing I have in my life. I pet the family snake Chrismasia and look at the lake in my backyard. When my father found out about Aurelia and I last night, he wasn't happy. He didn't think she was right for me because she was a Gryffindor. He wanted me to be with someone from my own house and someone like me. He doesn't know she's pulled me out of some of my darkest moment. It's not even about the sex, it was about how her dark green eyes light up everytime she saw me, it's the excitement in her voice when talking about her day, it's the way her scarlet hair shone under the sun, it's the way her laugh is so contagious that you can't resist smiling when you hear it, it's the way she's so smart its almost scary, its how she's so passionate and Caring towards others, it's how she's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in.
I have fallen so hard for her that I fantasize going back to school, just to see her.
I wonder how her thanksgivings going. If she's feeling better or if she's having fun. If any of her friends have reached out,
My thanksgiving break has been anything but fun. My father has been making me go to work with him to see how the family business worked. He expects me to take over as soon as I graduate Hogwarts.  But all I can think of is being with Aurelia and our future after Hogwarts. I'm conflicted because my father will not be happy. But like Aurelia said we choose our own destiny

A couple of people come for thanksgiving. I couldn't care less about them. Bellatrix, my aunt, is here also.
We sit around the table and everyone is quiet.
"How's Aurelia" my aunt asks. My dad gives her a dirty look.
"She's alright"
"You guys getting closer?" She teases. I'm not comfortable with talking to her about this.
"I guess."
"We need to talk to you about her" my dad says.
"Your mother and I have discussed your relationship with Aurelia, even though it seems perfect now, what'll  happen in the future? You deny the family fortune, worth millions, just to be with her?"
I keep my eyes on my plate
"Why can't I have both?" I ask.
"Surely she won't stand by for what we've done in the past, she wouldn't support it I'm sure. Do you really think she'll want to marry into this family? And learn the family business?"he laughs.
I don't say anything. She would never if she had to hurt others for power.
"If you do end up marrying her you'll ruin what is once called the slytherin legacy. So we've decided to forbid you to date her"
I choke on my water "what?" I start coughing.
"Draco you'll be fine. we want you to date someone who is a little less mythical creature obsessed and more willing to learn the family buisness"
"You can't forbid me to date someone!!!" I say standing up.
"SIT DOWN!" He yells pointing his wand to the chair and sliding it under me. But now the legs are stuck so I can't get back up and glues my mouth shut.
Bellatrix cackles from her seat.
"Now I have your full attention I want to make you a deal. When you break up with her, which I know you will cause you will never go against your mother and I.  I'll get you a seat in the house, the highest power at a young age. You can have more power than you can ever imagine. And the most fortune. If you don't break up with her, you'll get nothing. Even after you graduate. And we will disown you meaning you can't live with us, won't have any payments. If you refuse to break up with her I will also have to kill her, seeming she knows too much about our family, and make it look like an accident. It's your choice really" he waves his wand and makes my lips unstuck, my chair can slide back again.
I look at him stunned did my own father just threaten to kill my girlfriend. He has made threats to harmless people in the past but none of it has fazed me. This one hit right in the gut.
"Nod your head if you agree with our conditions"

I nod. I have no choice. "Great it's settled, we can go in tomorrow and get your work set up. You won't get as much power now, but when you graduate Hogwarts you'll be taking my seat......"
I stop listen and sit back down. I don't talk again through the entire meal. When everyone is done I go and lock myself in my room.
I never hated my father as much as I do right now. How could he threaten to kill someone so innocent and beautiful just to make me bend at his will. I go to the bathroom where I start sobbing

How am I supposed to break her beautiful heart?How am I to look her in the eyes and hurt her like that?How am I supposed to lose someone I love so much?

How am I to look her in the eyes and hurt her like that?
How am I supposed to lose someone I love so much?