The truth.

I feel all eyes staring at me when I walk down the stairs. My face turns red and Cedric squeezes my hand as a reassurance. He knew how nervous I was, and how much it took me to actually come.
As I walk down the stairs I lock eyes with Draco. He's wearing a black and white tux with a white bow tie. My heart thumps,
He looks so good
I have to try to remind myself that he broke up with me. Still doesn't help the fact that I wish I could be dancing with him.
When we get to the ball room I take in all the beautiful decorations. The ceiling being made to look like it's snowing, the white table cloths, the band elegantly playing their stringed instruments, all the gorgeous dresses and tuxes everyone is wearing. I feel so free, pansy comes up to me, wearing a purple puffy dress "you look so pretty!" She says, looking at Cedric and I.
"Thanks pansy" I say noticing she's looking at Cedric a little too long "you look beautiful also"
She smiles and walks away. I look up at Cedric who shrugs like he doesn't know what just happened either.
"Care to dance" Cedric offers his hand. I nod and take it.
He swings me around and leads the way. I can tell he's been practicing because his moves are so smooth and precise. I focus on not stepping on cedrics feet as I move about. He dips me and I laugh.
After a while of dancing we decide to get some food and punch and take a break.
I look at hermione and Ron who are so clearly in love, that everyone notices. My heart skips a beat for them, i hope they get married someday.
Neville and Ginny are dancing so elegantly and perfectly that you would've thought he took dance lessons.
Cedric excuses himself to go to the bathroom. And I sit and take everything in.
After a while I notice that Cedric has been gone for quite some time, 
I get up and go look for him, I walk into the bathroom and call out for Cedric. No answer.
Weird
I walk around the castle humming and singing,
Still high over the dancing.
I hear laughing and screaming coming from the room of requirements which I know what's going to happen. I brace myself and open the door. There is Cedric and pansy naked on a table. "Oh....gosh...I'm sorry" my cheeks turn red and I brisk-fully walk away. I go back to the ball and try not to think about what I just saw.
"I'm so sorry" Cedric looks sweaty and red from running, his tie is all messed up and his shirt is untucked from his pants.
"Cedric, it's ok. I made it clear we were just friends and that's what we are. If you wanted to go with pansy why didn't you just ask her instead of me?"
"It just started happening, a couple weeks ago. I knew you were going through a hard time and I didn't want to bail on you" he blushes.
"That's sweet Cedric but it's ok. If you wanna be with her then be with her. I'm clearly still not over Draco. It's ok. Go be with her" I say.
He hesitates "will you be ok?"
"Cedric I'm strong. I've survived through this heartbreak, and some of the hardest times of my life. I'll be ok I promise" I give him a no hard feelings smile.
"Can we have one last dance ?" He asks.
I nod and we go on the dance floor.

After the dance Cedric goes to be with pansy. I'm happy for him, he deserves someone who isn't still hung up on her ex. Ginny comes over and gives me a weird look "where's Cedric?"
"Gone. He's with pansy now." I say.
"Oh girl I'm sorry"
"I'm ok. Seriously, I'm ok" I try to convince myself.

I look at all the happy couples dancing, I've barely seen Draco and Seren making me feel relieved. I'm glad I haven't been able to see them together.
A slow dance comes and everyone partners up, making me feel left out,
I'm probably the only one without a date
"Aurelia, do you want to dance?"
I look up and Ron is offering his hand
"I heard about you and Cedric. Hermione says it's ok"
I smile and grab his hand. Ron's not as good at dancing as Cedric but the gesture is meaningful so it doesn't bother me.
"I think I'm falling in love with hermione" he tells me.
I smile "you both are so cute. I'm happy for you. Just promise me one thing"
"What?"
"Treat her well."
He smiles "I always will, she deserves the world"
I nod agreeing with him.
"Thank you" I tear up while he holds me close.
"For what?"
"Being one of my best friends. I love you Ron" A tear slides down my face.
"I love you too Aurelia"

As I head back to my table and I see them, Draco and Seren dancing together. Holding each other so close. As much as I love seeing him happy, I can't be around them, pain is still all too real.
Well there goes my promise to myself
All of a sudden it gets hot and sticky in here. I'm feeling trapped and closed.
Run out of the room,
I need some air
I find an empty room, the windows are open and I can feel the cool air coming in.
I can't seem to catch my breathe. I start hyperventilateing and I hold on to the wall and face the window. Tears roll down my face,
I hear the door open, thinking it's hermione or Ginny. I wipe my tears  away "guys I'm fine I just need a moment" I whip around and catch my breathe. Draco looks concerned "I saw you come in are you ok?"
I can't hold in my words anymore. "Why the fuck do you care huh? I fell in love with you, and you left. You don't get to care"
He didn't say anything
"Please go" I say.
"No"
"My date just bailed on me and now my ex won't leaven me alone. Great" I laugh.
"I need to be honest with you!" He yells.
"Why. Havent you said enough? You don't even love me!" I scream.
"I DO!! I DO LOVE YOU!" He screams even louder than me, making me flinch.
"God if I could take this whole damn month back I would. If I could just not gone to my parent house for thanksgiving I would" he says frustrated.
"What......"
"There wasn't any bet !!! There was no bet. It was my father. He threatened to kill you if I didn't stop dating you" he put his hands in his face.
We were silent for a moment. I moved toward him "then why did you lie? Why did you put me through that much heartache and pain ? If you loved me so much then why not tell me the truth?"

"Because it was easier that way. I had to protect you, from my fucking father. You really don't know how fucking powerful he is, he's killed innocent people before and wouldn't hesitate to kill you. I couldn't see you get hurt or killed by him so I made up this lie. I'd rather you hate my guts and be alive then see you die just from loving me" he tears up. "This month hasn't been easier for me either, the guilt has been eating me alive for weeks. I can't stop thinking about your face when you called me a coward. The hurt that was in your eyes, the way that you looked at me after, with such hate and disgust. I wished so bad that I didn't have to hurt you. But I did and I have to live with that everyday. "
He ran his hands through his messy hair.
I stand back stunned, not knowing what to say.
The silence grew between us,
"Draco....I....." I began.
"Aurelia! I've been looking everywhere for you. The downstairs party is about to start." Ron says giving Draco a dirty look.
I start walking towards Ron and look back at Draco who obviously looked distraught.
"You going to the party?" I ask.
He looks up at me and nods.
"I'll see you there" I walk away with Ron