Free again.

The rest of the week goes by a blur. People are storming in and out of Hogwarts. I don't pay attention to it. Harry, Ron, Hermione keep disappearing but I don't question it. All I want back normalcy and to not be frightened all the time.
"You ok?" Ginny asks noticing it's my 4th day in a row laying in bed.
"Fine" I say under the covers. "Besides the fact Rose is gone"
"Sorry that was a dumb question" she says. "How are things with you and Cedric" She asks trying to take my mind off of Rose.
My body goes stiff, while dealing with Roses death, I have also been dealing with my feelings for Draco and Cedric. The confusion is enough to make me nauseous. "Fine" I mumble not sounding convincing at all. She picks up on it immediately "what happened?"
I guess I'll have to tell her eventually, and since no one else is in the bedroom I guess this is the best time to talk about whatever's going on.
"You have to promise not to say anything to anyone" I sit up, brushing my uncombed hair out of my face. .
She nods "I promise." Sitting at the end of my bed
"Well,  you know I have a great guy. Cedric is the nicest guy I could ask for; He keeps comforting me by writing letters. He even brings me candy sometimes. And always holds the door open for me.  He's a good guy." I explain
Ginny knew something was coming "but......"
"But I had a moment yesterday with Draco. He was rude and mean at the beginning but after we finished studying we had a nice conversation. He didn't mock me or give smart comments. He comforted when we saw Rose, he acted like a decent human. And I don't know. I shouldn't be feeling like this towards him. What's wrong with me?" I groan shoving my head back into my pillows.
"Nothing is wrong with you. If you're feeling like this then maybe talk to him?" She offers.
I shake my head "I can't. He's so back and forth. One minute he's nice and the next he's a dick."
"You'll find the clarity you need, it'll take time but you'll find it." Ginny smiles giving my leg a squeeze. "And I'll never judge you for the choices you make"
I hug her. She's such a good friend.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

They are letting us out into freedom today. It's been a week and their have been no deaths. All week I've been cooped up in the common room, I haven't been able to enjoy the fall weather, which was my favorite.
So today I'm anxious to go and spend as much time outside as I can.
Before I make my way to breakfast, Blaise stops me "just because there hasn't been any deaths, doesn't mean it's over. Promise me you won't be alone when you walk around campus, that you'll always be walking with someone."
"Blaise I can take care of myself" I insist.
"Aurelia.....I know you're a Gryffindor and you're brave and all that, but there's a killer on the loose. Promise me"
I sigh "yeah I guess so."
He gives me another stern look
"Yes Blaise I won't be alone jeez get off my back why don't you" I push past him.

I meet up with Cedric after breakfast and walks me to class. "I seriously missed you so much" he smiles putting his arm over my shoulder. "The Hufflepuff house has been depressing, ever since Rose died. I'm glad to be out and seeing someone who makes me happy"
"Me too" I say a not confidently at all. I was still figuring out whether my feelings torward Malfoy were real or not. But I have a great guy right in front of me. And it would be dumb of me to leave him for Draco.

He walks me to class and kisses me goodbye. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Draco rolling his eyes at us. I felt a pain of guilt, but I'm not sure for what.

In Hagrids class I can feel Dracos eyes into me. It's hard to ignore.
I go up to him and ask "do you mind if we study outside today?" The weather was lovely
"Whatever" he says rolling his eyes
•••••••••••••••••

That night I find an open spot on the grass. The fall breeze brushes my hair out of my face. I cuddle up in my jack and scarf. I look at all the colors in the tree changing. Hogwarts in the fall was breathtaking.
"Hey" I hear Draco say. I look at my watch.
"I'm impressed. You're early today" I say.
"Well being inside any longer will drive me crazy" he explains.
"Yeah me too. I think everyone feels that way" I tell him.
"How are you doing since we saw rose ?" He asked genuinely.
"I'm ok. Just kind of dealing it in my own way" I tell him. "You?"
"Handling it in my own way" he smirks, Teasing me.
I open the book and he scoots closer to me so we are shoulder to shoulder. After a while I start shivering
"You want my jacket?" He offers.
I shake my head "I'm ok."
I shiver again.
"Here take my coat. You need it more than me" he jokes. He drapes it around my shoulders.
"Thank you" I smile and we get back to studying. I see how much progress we have made. He's starting to understand the materials and even doing some of the spells right. A dark pit in my stomach reminds me that we only have two more weeks until the test and after that I won't see him as much.
We didn't even notice it get dark and we didn't even  hear the thunder. But when it started pouring rain we both start laughing uncontrollably. We sprint to the wooden bridge to hide while it rains.
We are both soaked and laughing.
I sit in top of the railing. Shaking the excess water out of my hair
"Can I ask why you spread those rumors of me last year?"
"I don't know......I thought it was funny at the time. But when everyone kind of believed it, I felt bad and I'm sorry. I was stupid last year and I guess some of this year"
"Can I ask another question?"
"Yeah"
"Why did you make Hagrid get rid of buck beak. She meant so much to him.?" I ask shivering
"That foul beast attacked me" he said defensively.
"No you angered it. He specifically told you not insult it and you did" I say calmly.
He didn't anserw. His mood has changed, He looked angry.
"Look, you might want to look good in front of your friends but being mean to other people. It's not ok. And taking away something special from someone does not make it ok" I add
"You don't know anything about me! There more to it than that!" He yells.
"Tell me" I demand.
"Look, my father, is kind of a bully. He's controlling and thinks he can away with everything and he can because he's in a position of higher authority. Ever since I was little he's been that. Even to me."
I nod
"I don't want to be like my dad though. I want to be better and I'm not sure how to do that. He's always taught me how to treat people like that. And coming here I realize how wrong he was" he tells me his hands running through his wet hair.
I jumped down from the railing and walk closer to him "we are not our parents. We always grow up thinking we got to be our parents but In reality we are our own selves. We choose our own destiny. Not them"
He looks at me, his blue eyes piercing at me
Oh god do I want to kiss you right now
I look around, it's still pouring rain. No one is around.
I bite my lip and he pulls me by the waist into his lips.
Sparks. The sparks that was missing from Cedric, they were here all along. He puts his hands around my waist. Lifts me on to the railing. I felt an instant connection, the feelings were so intense and I felt like I never wanted to stop kissing him. He ran his hand through my hair and breaks apart from me "god you don't know how long I've been wanting to do that" ugh this boy. This stupid boy is going to ruin my life