Birthday

Waking up I don't feel any different. I don't see the big deal with 16 birthdays; It doesn't feel sweet to me it just feels like another year gone by.
I groggily get out of bed and get ready for breakfast. I put on my robes and head out.
When I enter the dining hall the entire Gryffindor side screams "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" which startles the other tables. I blush and sit in between Hermione and Ginny. They both give me hugs and tell me they love me. While eating, Bella drops off two packages, one from my mum and another from my dad. When I open my mother's gift, it sings happy birthday in the most obnoxious voice which creates attention for everyone. I try to hide my face the best I can, my mum always finds ways to embarrass me My mum gave my a box of chocolates from my home town (they're are my absolute favorite) which Ron tries to steal, and new non fiction book about phoenix's.
In my dads gift, he got me a beautiful mermaid scale. When you hold it to the light it shimmers and changes colors. They are very rare to come across so I treat it very carefully.
I happily eat my breakfast and then I go meet Cedric. When he sees me he gives me a big bear hug.
"I didn't know today was your birthday!"
"I know I didn't say anything. I kind of forgot myself" I shrug.
He laughs "well when we go to Hogsmead, I will buy you whatever you want" he smirks.
"You don't have to do that" I say.
He shrugs "anything for my girl"
Then the guilt comes back making me nauseous.
I'm a terrible person

When at hagrids class I tell Draco that he's off the hook for studying today, my friends planned a surprised for me.
He gives me a neutral look, "it's whatever Fontaine"
He's trying to be cool in front of his friends.

After my last class I eagerly go into the common room and the lights are out. I turn them on and they all yell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and I act surprised, even though I knew it was going to happen, I still loved it. They decorated with red and gold balloons, streamers, and a sign that says "happy 16th birthday Aurelia" there's presents and a chocolate cake on the table."This is amazing!! Thank you!" I exclaim.
I go around giving everyone hugs. Ginny shoves a small box at me "open mine first!" she excitedly squeals. I open it and it's a charm bracelet it has a broomstick on it, a unicorn, and mermaid, and a bird which I assume is a Phoenix. "It represents all creatures you love!" She exclaims.
"Thank you!" I hug her "I love it" I slip it on my arm. I begin to unwrap everyone else's gift they keep shoving in my face, Harry got me a mystical creatures calendar where the pictures move, like the paintings in the hall.
From Ron, I got a homemade sweater from his mom. It's maroon red, with my name strewn on the front. I immediately put it on.
From the Weasley twins I got a box o tricks. And from Blaise I got a wand case, it has my name engraved in it with maroon colors.
I thank everyone and then they turn the lights back off. And put the candles in the cake. I'm blowing for ages but Ron explains they are trick candles.
To make everyone laugh the twins start sucking helium from the balloons and talking in high pitch voices. I laugh so hard I think I might pee myself.
When things start winding down I try to help clean up but the twins insist that it's my birthday and I shouldn't have to.

When I get into my room I find a note in my pillow.
After your party come meet me in the room of requirements. Draco
Butterflies in my stomach. I show the note to Ginny and she agrees to help me sneak out. When I'm in the hallway, I sneak to the room. I know I shouldn't be out alone but since security have been amped up we all feel a bit safer. But with so much security, it's hard to sneak around.
I see the door in the distance. I open it and look around; I gasp at the sight, Christmas lights are strewn on all the walls and ceilings. Candles leading to a spot. I see Draco on a comfy blanket and pillows. I smile "who knew Draco Malfoy was cheesy"
"Only for you"
I sit next to him. The butterflies in my stomach start to rumble.
"Happy birthday" he smiles and hands me a small box with blue packaging.
"You didn't need to get me anything"
"Well I skipped my last few classes and went to hogs mead for this"
I open the tiny package. It's a necklace, with a Phoenix on the end. The most beauty Phoenix I've seen. The Phoenix is shimmering red and orange. I touch it and it feels smooth under my fingers. I'm in awe of how beautiful it is.
"Thank you" I smile. He takes it and put it around my neck. It falls gently around my chest. "I love it" I kiss him.
We fall back on the blanket. I let myself give into the temptation. I take off his shirt and he takes off mine. We unbutton his pants and we both fall back. It's my first time but it doesn't feel wrong. I feel exactly right where I'm supposed to be and exactly who I'm supposed to be with. He touches me where I've never been touched before and it feels good. He makes me feel so wanted and safe in his arms. "Fuck" he whispers.
When we finish, I lay back. He cuddles close to me, and gently whispers in my ear "I think I'm falling in love with you"
"Me too" I say as I peacefully go to sleep.