Dracos POV 3

Hearing that Aurelia was going to Yule ball with Cedric stung a lot. This breakup really messed with me and hearing she's moving on so soon makes me feel sick. I wished more than anything that was me going with her; debating about what slow dance songs will play and how we will color coordinate our outfits. That should be me instead of Cedric.
I was taking this breakup a lot harder than I expected;I wasn't eating a lot, I didn't enjoy playing quidditch anymore. I found myself thinking about how she was doing and what she was doing all the time. I saw her fall asleep in class a few days ago and I knew she was exhausted, I knew she wasn't getting much sleep but neither was I. I had dreams about my father killing Aurelia, and I always woke up in a cold sweat.
The guilt ate at me like a hungry dog. I hated knowing I caused her so much heartbreak and pain.

As I was walking with my friends one cold Saturday morning I noticed it had snowed outside. It seemed so peaceful, and quiet. As I kept walking I could hear a group of people outside laughing and screaming . I went to see what it was about, and I saw her. Aurelia playing in the snow with her friends, the look of pure joy I'm her face. Her laughter filled the air and made my heart soar, it was refreshing to see her happy again, to see her having fun and not worrying about me. Seeing her smile made me want to smile oh how I wish I was over there with them.

"Thought you guys broke up?" A voice said over my shoulder making me jump.
It was Seren, another slytherin who was in her 3rd year. She was the exact opposite of Aurelia, she was known for being too confrontational. Would yell at others if they were in her way, spread rumors about others, and was fascinated with the dark arts. Her nickname was "hogwarts baddest witch".
She ran her hair through her dark black hair and popped her gum.
"Yeah we are done" I sigh.
"Bummer" she rolled her eyes "so you going to Yule ball?"
"I'm not sure" I say
"You want to go together?" She suggests looking unamused "my date bailed on me and no one else is available"
"So I'm the last choice?" I say.
"Nope. I wanted to go with your previously but I didn't know if you and little miss perky over there were still a thing."
I thought about it, would it be unfair to Aurelia if I went with a date?
She is going with Cedric
I just didn't know if I was ready. I didn't know how I would feel when I saw Aurelia and Cedric slow dancing but if she was moving on so fast than I should move on too.
"Sure," I give her a smile.
"Great. My dress is black so you can wear black too"
"Great looking forward to it" I say.
But I wasn't so sure if I was.