Back again

"AURELIA" my brother screams from downstairs "HURRY UP WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE." I roll my eyes, Blaise does not have a patient bone in his body. I fold the last of my clothes in my trunk, and look at my owl, Bella, "you really believe the shit he puts me through?" I ask laughing. I look around my room one last time before dragging the suitcase down the stairs. "Take Bella" I try to hand the cage to Blaise. "Bug off, I'm not helping you" wow a real charmer.

"How are you going to get a girl friend with that kind of attitude" I tease. "Alright kids enough. Blaise take her trunk please" my mum the hero. He sticks his tongue out at me. I shake my head. Even though Blaise is older than me, he can act so immature.

"Aurelia, you have everything, your book? Your wand? Your owl?
"Yes mum for the 10th timeI have everything" I breathe.
Blaise shoves my trunk into the car and after little rumble of who gets front seat (I won) we head to the train station. 

Us both being Gryffindors my brother and I tend to argue a lot. He's third year, with Harry Potter, and I'm 2nd year. Blaise always teases me about being younger than all of our friends. I don't mind it but him always being kind of overprotecting over me is what bothers me. He tries to protect me from whatever's going on at Hogwarts, the  rumors he who must not be named coming back means Blaise is always looking over my shoulder.

I think back to my first year at Hogwarts. I wasn't surprised to be put into Gryffindor. Both my parents were Gryffindors too. I made so many friends and had some great memories. I loved my magical creatures class and am hoping to study them more when I graduate Hogwarts. Like my dad, who travels all around the world  to study these amazing creatures. Growing up I got to travel with him to some amazing places. He's taught me so much about creatures and since then it's become my passion. Right now he's in the Dominican Republic studying sirens. He did write to me telling to have a great first day back. My mum on the other hand works for the ministry of magic. She makes sure that muggles are not aware of the existence of wizards and witches. She always comes home stressed. And now since the rumors of he who must not be named has been circling she's been working extra hours and is always exhausted. But she always makes sure Blaise and I always have a home cooked meal every night.

When we get to platform 9 3/4 my brother sees his friends and says "bye mum love you" quickly before running to them. My mum rolls her eyes "third years, am I right?"
I laugh.
"Well, I'm going to miss you" my mum says with tears in her eyes. She cried last year too.
"I'm going to miss you too"
"Make sure you keep your brother out of trouble." She sighs.
"I think he'll try to keep me out trouble instead" I laugh.
"Well, I love you" she says and hugs me one last time.
" I love you too." I tear up a little bit.

Eager to see my friends, I hop back onto the train, the familiar scent of old leather and steam fills the halls. Oh how I love this train. I look around for my friends. I look into a compartment and see Draco Malfoy is there with his friends.
"Auleria, it's SOOO good to see you again" he says sarcastically. God he can be so mean.
"Sorry wrong room" my cheeks turn red.
"Don't go far I'd like to see that tight ass everyone's been talking about" one of his friends tease. They all start laughing
"In your dreams" I say storming off.
My brother hates Draco. He spread some rumors about me last year which half of the school believes. Ever since then Blaise despises Draco. Making me promise to never have a thing with him. An easy promise.

I finally found the compartment with Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Neville. Since Ginny is in my year we have become basically like sisters. "Hey Aurelia! How was your summer !" Ron asks.
"It was great. I got to travel to Italy to study unicorns with my dad"
"Lucky you, I got to visit Percy" he says. "my mum says hi"
"Awwww I love Molly" I smile. Last year I got to spend a couple days with Ron and Ginny at the burrow and I loved how welcoming molly was.
Harry comes in next and sits with Ron and Hermione. We all catch up and talk about our summer and before you know it we end up at Hogwarts.
I look out the window at the castle. It sparkled in the distance. The way the castle stands so tall and proud. The way it glistens among the stars. Making me even more anxious to start my second year.

Hagrid greets everyone off the train. He made sure I got into his magical creature class this year. Even though it was for third years, he promised I would do amazing.

We get in the boats. I can feel the hard wood underneath me. And hear the pitter patter of the water below us. I can hear the first year students buzzing excitedly about which house they hope they are in.  It's hard to believe that was exactly me last year.

When we get into the castle we get to set things down in our beds first before making our way down to the ceremony. As I put my stuff down Ginny waits for me.
"Soo I have been noticing how cute harry has gotten" she admits and blushes.
"You have a thing for Harry?" I ask surprisingly.
"Kind of. He visited over the summer and we talked a lot without Ron or the rest of my brothers around."
"Aww you guys would be adorable" I gush.

We make our way down to the dining hall. I can smell the delicious food and my stomach rumbles. Ginny and I laugh.  The amount of joy I feel when entering the dining hall is indescribable. All the memories of last year rush back; the countless meals we had, the feasts for Christmas, the laughs we've shared, the frustrating feelings before finals, the venting, the tearful goodbye we shared before parting our own ways for the summer.
We find our seats next to Harry, Ron, and Blaise, Who are eager to dig into the feast.
We sit through the ceremony. We cheered whenever someone got into our house. Then Dumbledore stand up. He does the welcome speech, introduces himself to the first years and finally lets us dig into the mouthwatering feast. I have butterflies in my stomach, this is about to be a good year.