To try and go against that stigma, Ubume devoted herself to study, and found out that the original leader of Stardust Knight, Shooting Star Dragon, had a demon second in command (now the current leader), Myo-kurenai. She instantly became infatuated with the two of them and revered them as heroes for the deeds they had done for her clan, as well as painting demons in a positive light. Reinforced with Myo-kurenai's inspirational story, Ubume worked harder than anyone else to get the best scores in her school.

However, her classmates hated the fact that Ubume, the evil demon, was now being praised and rewarded for her test scores. Accusations of cheating began to spread. Then it became calling her a nerd, geek, and teacher's pet. Finally, it escalated to the point where they blamed Ubume's parents on committing a crime that they never did. Law enforcement arrested them, put the couple on trial, and found them guilty.

On that rainy day, Ubume lost both of her parents behind the corrupted bars of "justice".

However, light started to pour through the cracks, as she was handed over to Myo, who was to decide what he would do with her. Even though her parent's unjust arrest angered and upset her greatly, being given the chance to meet one of her favourite heroes calmed her down, and even excited her.

For the first time, Myo and Ubume met face to face.

"You're the coolest person I've ever met! Can I have your autograph?!"

Myo was taken back by Ubume's eager smile and openness.

"Hey, this isn't some sort of meet and greet, young girl... your parents were just arrested. Don't you feel sad?"

"Not anymore... because I got to meet you, Myo-kurenai! You're the person I look up to the most!"

Ubume pushed her scrappy handkerchief to Myo.

"Please sign it..."

"You're the first person to ever think I'm a good man, y'know..."

Myo sighed, taking out his pen and writing a terrible looking signature on Ubume's handkerchief.

"Why wouldn't you be a good man?! You lead the Stardust Knight and you helped win all those battles! Even though you're a demon, you worked super hard and got a really good position!"

"That's in the past. As I am right now... I'm plenty useless."

"No! You're not useless, because...!"

Ubume's cheeks flushed bright pink.

"Because... Myo-kurenai is my hope!"

Myo's stiff expression turned into surprise.

"Your... hope?"

"W-we're the same! I'm a demon too... but because of that, everyone at school hates me..."

Myo remembered the first time he joined the Stardust Knights. He received similar harassment due to his temperament and species, but Shooting Star was able to silence them.

When faced with this young girl who was going through the same things he did, Myo felt guilty and useless.

"One day... I wanna be like you. A respected demon."

After a moment of contemplating silence, Myo sighed and spoke up with a tinge of regret.

"I can do that."

"E-eh?"

"I can make you a respected demon."

"You can?! Really?!"

"Yeah. There's one surefire way to do it. You're a smart girl, aren't you?"

"Yes...? Or at least, I'd like to think I am..."