#76: Festival

No matter where we are, our hearts are connected by Vanguard.

The invisible web that weaves itself between everyone will be revealed here.

When the night of the festival comes to a close, it symbolises the end of an era.

On V22, the Yggdrasil tree springs open with light, ushering in a new generation.

Beyond A to Z, this story will continue on forever in you, the reader.

(Opening here)

An airplane headed to the United States of America took off in the early morning

Shika Akia, who sat the window seat, peered outside with a small smile as he enjoyed the bird's eye view of his beloved hometown of Tokyo. Hiku Kagure sat next to him, trying to get a peek as well, but was unable to due to her boyfriend's muscular frame.

"Alright... I'm ready to make waves in the world of pro rugby!"

Shika pumped himself up by slapping his cheeks repeatedly. Hiku quickly admired the view while she still had the chance, before turning to Shika and laughing happily seeing his refreshed expression.

"To think were bawling your eyes out a minute ago, look at how confident you are now! Let's do this."

The couple, each headed for their dream job and university respectively, held each other's hands tightly as they flew off into the blue, cloudless sky.

Below, in the Tokyo International Airport which they departed from, Masaru Kurenai, and his older brother, Makoto Kurenai, exited a plane that had just arrived from Malaysia.

"It's good to be back in Japan! I've got some goods to pick up from a warehouse, so come meet me back here in two hours for our flight to England."

Masaru nodded at Makoto's instructions. Opening the map app on his phone, Masaru chose one of his pinned locations and received directions to the shop.

"Sure thing. I wanted to pick up some meat buns for the trip anyways."

Just further down the airport was Izanoku Shinoa, who was carrying tonnes of luggage behind her from her trip around Europe.

"Haa... where are those guys?! I brought them souvenirs, the least they could do is be on time!"

"Isn't better to be stylishly late though, Miss?"

Zak Remashita, Izanoku's younger brother, pulled back his white gloves with a snap, and helped her carry most of the suitcases.

"No it isn't! I can't believe your audacity! Why are you two so late?!"

"I had to submit my latest volume of Circumstances to my editor."

Earlier that day...

Amatsuyu Chabashira, Zak's editor, half-awake and lazing around at home, was playing plushies with his daughter, Shizuka Chabashira, to pass the time while his wife, Sakuya Chabashira, was cooking breakfast.