- Part 2

Another hole blew through my head, taking out my right eye. Blood trickled down my face like tears.

What was Yza doing in front of my house? Or to be more specific... Chiharu's house?

Yza knocked on the door meekly. To my dismay, Chiharu was the one answering it.

"Who are you?"

Coldly, Chiharu questioned the boy standing in front of her. Both of them shared one thing in common: dead, empty eyes that lacked any life.

"I'm Yza... your dad adopted me."

That's... that was my line...

I said that when I first met her...

With Kristy by my side... I told her that...

What was Yza doing... in my role?

A splitting pain rang throughout my ears as I dropped to the floor, burying my quivering head into my shaking hands.

It felt like my head was on the verge of exploding as it spasmed uncontrollably.

It felt like my whole world was falling apart.

A huge chunk of the sky turned black as the night.

Yet it was still day...?

I was wheezing, gasping for air desperately.

My lungs felt tight and shrivelled up.

My heart was beating uncontrollably.

So much pain enveloped my body, it was even hard to stand up.

I crawled my way inside their house.

And helplessly watched as memories of my life began playing out...

...but with Yza in my place.

"Oh... I see."

Chiharu put down her cup of tea and looked at her father, who pushed his glasses up. As usual, her father is all about business and getting deals. He was a fierce businessman, that's for sure.

"Here you go."

Chiharu's mother put a plate of sweets in front of Yza. She did the same thing to me when I first moved in.

Yza stared at the plate with surprise.

"...is it really okay?"

"Eat as much as you want." Dad encouraged him.

"Isn't this... too much though?"

There were only three finger-cakes on his plate. I wouldn't call it too much.

"You can never have too many sweets. If you have left-overs, Chiharu will eat them."

Mom chimed in, trying to make Yza feel welcomed.

"Why would I want to eat something from his plate...?"

"You have a problem with me?"

When I first met Chiharu, she was like this to me too. However, compared to me, who always responded submissively, Yza wasn't afraid to snap back at her.

"You two, try to get along. You'll be siblings from today."

Using his commanding tone, dad shut down any chance for an argument to break out. He must be thoroughly aware of Yza's rash personality then.

"If it's too much, then we can share." Mom said.

"...yeah, that's fine."

Yza gave in, eating one cake. Then he ate the second. Then he ate the third.