Epilogue

The current year is 2032. "Cardfight!! Vanguard" is a card game that has become a global phenomenon.

This is what happened between now and then.

(Play song in the media here)

In 2021, the Great Vanguard War broke out between the CFA team, the Bushiroad Cult, and the Anti-Vanguard. Lasting an entire year, it was the CFA team that survived, thanks to Yza and Ryuzaki defeating the Queen and Hanafi.

They had managed to protect Cardfight Area and it's creator, Rem-chan. She, Vladislav, and a recovered Ryuzu, moved back to Russia to continue development of CFA as it anticipated the reboot Kidani was planning.

In 2022, Ryuzaki sold the USR back to Japan and invested the money back into his tech company, Mikazuchi and Co., which now had ties to Vanguard thanks to a partnership formed with Kidani during the Great Vanguard War.

Zak finished publication of Circumstances, ending his popular light novel series on volume 27. He is currently in talks with Amatsuyu about publishing a new series, something more light hearted and less gritty than his tragedy.

In America, Shika debuted on live TV as a pro-rugby player, now officially playing in the big leagues. Everyone gathered at Card Capital 2 to watch the event live to cheer him on through the screen.

Yozora returned to the music scene under his real name, rather than as an idol. His debut album, Return to the Starlight, peaked at number 8 on the music chart. Naturally, he was still signed under Chiharu's father's record label, and as such, Chiharu decided to become his manager rather than go to university.

The happy couple later got engaged, and just before the year ended, Yozora and Chiharu got married.

In 2023, Harusui and Shouri were the next to marry each other. Harusui joked about making Shouri wear the wedding dress for the wedding since she wore the pants in their relationship. Shouri reluctantly admitted she looked good in a suit.

Callum's prison sentence in Japan had ended. Under Ayato's recommendation, he went back home to England. It was a bittersweet farewell with his friends Izanoku and Zak, but Callum promised that he'd come back to Japan to visit them someday.

Mai's long journey to a full recovery had finally been completed. Thanks to some gracious donations and developments in modern medicine, Mai was now back on her feet, finally able to return to the real world. When she was discharged, she happily reunited with her boyfriend, Kinjuzo.

Yza's net published version of his debut series, The Seed of Caladrius, had a sudden large surge in popularity, becoming a massive hit in the web novel community overnight.

Shisue immediately snatched up the rights to publish his story before Kadokawa could get their hands on it, and the now totally legal Iqumashi Publishing officially printed Yza's refined version of his light novel. On it's debut week, it ranked number 4 on the sales charts.