Cardfight!! Vanguard: Generations PV

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." - Animal Farm by George Orwell

2nd Place Winner of the Fan-fiction Category in the Light Novie Awards 2019 hosted by lightnovelsociety!

Welcome to the world of the next generation!

"They're shaping up to be the best batch of students we've received since the Demonic 8th Generation."

"This year's applicants sure are interesting. Wouldn't you agree, Tou-chan?"

"Absolutely, Hiden-san. I think some of them might even be able topple the King. Say, I wonder what we'll be nicknaming their Generation?"

"Who cares, I'm just excited to see how these kids will fight! Ah, I hope they live up to what they've shown us in the entrance exam!"

"Pfffft, Riku please, they have him in their year, this group's gonna be a total bust."

"You sure do like picking on him quite a bit, Mikazuchi-san."

Currently, it was late March. The Ruthless 7th Generation had graduated from GEN Academy a few weeks prior.

The total amount of graduates from A Class—

—14.

The rest sank to the bottom. In total, there were 23 expulsions in the Ruthless 7th Generation. Nearly a full class.

Inside this dark office were six members of staff currently discussing the upcoming 10th Generation that would take their place.

They held an entrance exam a week prior and had gathered all the necessary intel on the students attending the school.

The gentle sound of rain pitter-pattered onto the concrete. It slid down the window he was gazing out from.

Looking out of the windows solemnly was none other than the Headmaster of this school—

GEN Academy.「The Academy City on Water」

—and his name was Satsubatsu Kirigaya.

Seated before his desk were four former homeroom teachers of the Ruthless 7th Generation:

Hiden Mumei, speciality Japanese, a former B Class teacher, who had climbed to A Class during the intra-class battle.