32

(protect taehyung 2020)

Jimin's POV

the cops were already at the scene after the graduation party was finished, thank goodness, and mr. lee, yukino, and the guard were brought into custody.

taehyung was asked to speak on what happened during the party, and so was jennie, jisoo, hoseok, and the newly found jungkook who actually was actually still at the party, lost in the crowd and we all felt bad for him, but he said he was fine and not mad about it at all.

the night itself was a mess, but when all the excitement was over and people finally were going home, and once taehyung came back from the short questioning the officer had done with him, we were back at the dorms, packing our clothes and belongings.

"it was nice being here," I started, emptying out my dresser and placing the clothes in a cardboard box. "I'm gonna miss a few things, though."

"yeah, it's hard the first time." taehyung smiled, helping me pack since he was already finished up and had most of his belongings in his own home. "but there's a lot to look forward to, instead."

"first time?" i glanced over at taehyung, cocking my head to the side as taehyung nodded. "you graduated already??"

"yeah. this would be the second time, actually." taehyung said as he stood up with the finally filled box, and walked over to the small couch beside my bed. he sat down and grabbed the thick tap from my dresser and began to seal the box shut. "about 2 years ago, the guys and I decided to lay low after yukino's death, and got into this school."

"huh?" I blinked, still not understanding taehyung as he continued to explain himself.

"it was a bribe with mr. lee. I thought he was a good guy at the time, but I had no idea he was working against us, alongside the fact that yukino was still alive and faked her death that day. I still don't know why, though..." taehyung pondered. "there must be a reason for her to fake something as big as death itself."

"well," I bit my lip. "if it helps, yukino used to baby sit me when I was younger." I started, smiling when I recalled the memories of how she used to be a welcoming person. "when my mother was busy working to help keep our family stable after my father left us, yukino was always there for me." my smile faltered, remembering that yukino indeed changed. "I don't know what happened to her."

"seriously?" taehyung's eyes widened as I nodded. "she used to baby sit yoongi and i too when we were kids. by the time we were teenagers, she always put us first and helped us get jobs and such. we always returned the favour."

"maybe... maybe something really bad must've happened to make her change that drastically," I sighed, shaking my head with a sad smile on my face. "at least we can remember the better days with her, and not the woman who she has become now." I glanced up from my lap so I could see taehyung staring at me.

"hey, don't be sad jimin!" taehyung frowned when he noticed my shift in mood. once the box was sealed he hopped off the couch and walked towards me. he sat down beside me since I was sitting on the floor, and poked my cheek with his finger.

"what are you doing?" I asked as taehyung continued to poke my cheeks, a childish smile on his face as I couldn't help but smile.

"you have a baby face." taehyung suddenly said, making me chuckle as he squished my cheeks in his hand. "ah, you're really cute, jimin! I wish I was cute like you." taehyung pouted, but I could only giggle as he sighed.

"since when were you the cute type, huh? what happened to that bad boy tae?" taehyung's lips curved into a smirk before he ran a hand through his still perfect brown hair.

"nah, he's boring. I like being myself around you. is that okay, jimin?" taehyung asked, bringing his hand down to his lap as a look of insecurity showed through his eyes.

"of course is it!" i nearly shouted, grabbing his shoulders before shaking up gently. "be yourself. I don't want to be the type of boyfriend that makes my partner feel bad about themselves!"

taehyung smiled, mostly to himself before he decided to smirk. "you're already comfortable with calling me your boyfriend, huh?"

"yes I am." I said, boosting with confidence as I held my chin up high, making taehyung smile at me before a sudden thought crossed my mind.

"wait..." i blinked a few times, confusing taehyung as I gasped, shooting up to my feet as taehyung flinched at the sudden action. "where am I suppose to live?!"

"uh-"

"now that the dorms are no longer available to us, I'm gonna have to find a home! oh my gosh I don't even know how to handle real estate oh god!" I panicked, mumbling nonsense to myself as I began to pace around the room. "and there's bill, taxes, I have to buy groceries and-"

"jimin-"

"I'M GONNA BE HOMELESS!!!" I screeched, nearly pulling out my hair as taehyung stood up. "oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh-"

"JIMIN!!" taehyung shouted before I could finish my verbal rant. i became a bit startled by how loud and deep his voice was, but I closed my mouth and finally let him speak.

"you can always live with me, jimin." taehyung said simply, and those few words brought my heart rate down as I stared at taehyung, finally realising it was that simple of an answer.

"oh..." my arms dropped to my sides, making taehyung face palm before he began to help with packing once again. "are you sure though? I don't want to be a burden or anything."

"you're not a burden, and don't ever call yourself that again, jimin." taehyung said as he scooped up a few spare clothes off the floor. "I don't mind being around you. haven't I told you that already?" taehyung glanced back to look at me as I smiled sheepishly.

"sorry, tae."

"it's fine, jiminne." I smiled at the nickname before helping taehyung pack up the rest of my things.

- x -

this is what my friend calls caring I can't even-

- edutaetion