Chapter 32

______________________________

Aaron was finding it really hard to see. His vision was whiting out in the corner of his eyes and the pain pounding through his head was terrifying him.

"A-Aph . . ." He breathed finally jerking the car to a stop leaning back in the seat in sweet relief even if it didn't stop the headache. The moment he was stopped Aaron had closed his eyes in an attempt to help the headache leave. Aaron couldn't think about anything now and he let out an audible whimper the sound feeling like it was coming through water. Aaron remembered to shut off the car a few moments later as he felt the keys slip through his fingers.

He felt someone's arms suddenly wrap around his waist and he flinched hard letting out a grunt at the echo of pain that followed. Aaron wanted to speak but he found it was better if he didn't. Instead he faintly felt them pick him up bridal style and it suddenly struck him that this wasn't Aphmau. There's was no way her short frame could pick him up even if she tried.

Finally the pain began to fade rapidly the longer said person held him and Aaron flinched feeling something different now. It was dark and heavy in the center of his soul and he flinched as he tried to open his eyes.

He blinked his vision blurry as he was set down and he took a shaky breath as his vision swam. he reached to grab something to sit up but someone forced him back and he groaned.

"Garroth be careful!" A familiar voice scolded him and Aaron felt more relief pound over him as he focused his blurry vision to the source of it.

"A-f" He mumbled trying to sit up again grabbing something as he hauled up lurching for a second. Aaron felt him self teeter a little bit dizzily as he put a hand to his head trying to clear his dizzy vision.

"No you stop that! You need to lay down" She scolded putting hands on his shoulders as he took a deep breath looking up before just encompassing her in a hug.

"I needed you" He breathed pulling her closer shaking his head "M-Most of it's gone anyways"

"What happened?" That was Ein's voice and Aaron found he could make out small details now as long as they were close everything getting blurrier further back they got.

". . . .Happened . .. " He echoed confused for a moment before it hit him and his fathers words as his eyes went wide. "Derek, headache relics . . . ." He blurted pausing trying to think.

"Relics . . .. what did Derek have to do with them . . ."

Aaron swallowed hollowly as he pulled Aphmau closer as he realized what the heavy feeling in his chest was. It felt like something inside him something powerful and he vaguely recalled feeling it before when he was in the tower. Right before he passed out.

"He said I have one" He breathed pulling aphmau closer burying his head in her shoulder.

Garroth instantly went stiff but Ein simply frowned not understanding the weight of Aarons words. "What do you mean one? One what?" He asked slowly.

"One of the relics . . . headache started right after that" Aaron flinched burying himself further into aph as she gave up simply curling against his side wrapping her arms around him with a worried look up at Garroth.

"Are . . . Aaron are you sure it wasn't Derek being . . .Derek?" Ein said carefully as Aaron shook his head ears flattening. He could feel it more now that horrible silver light in his chest. He could see it inside as strange as that was. Inside his minds eyes when he closed his eyes.