Chapter 4

________________________

“Mother! We’re back” Garroth's voice echoed across the large house as the two brothers entered the house. He looked around before shutting the door quietly.  Zane waited for a moment looking around before realizing his brother was leaving him in the direction of the kitchen. Zane rolled his eyes following him with a grunt.

"Is all you do is eat?" He asked sarcastically crossing his arms taking a seat at the island causally with one elbow on it as Garroth gave him a dry look.

"No I want a drink" He grumbled pulling out a key from a key ring in his back pocket and reaching for a expensive looking cabinet  above the refrigerator with decorative iron bars and glass in the doors. "Stupid brat, no one's jumped on me like that since wrestling" He muttered narrowing his eyes thinking of it as Zane tilted his head.

"You drink?" Zane let surprise slip from his voice as he raised an eyebrow "Well well, Mexico kept me from seeing the golden child fall into the dark side did it?" Zane's breathed hitched as soon as he said his mind rapidly processing what he had said. Garroth was in the middle of grabbing a bottle of something amber colored and halted his breath seizing in his lungs

"Don't call me that."  

Zane flinched hearing his brothers voice. It was slightly deeper than he was used to and it had a harsh emotional ring to it that Zane could pinpoint exactly. Zane cleared his throat nodding looking away

"I'm sorry . . . . I forgot" He said softly closing his eyes his hands tightening into fists for a moment as he tried to push his feelings away. Nana's voice echoed in his ears telling him not to but Zane pushed it away, not wanting to break down just now.

"That, it was what Vylad always called me?" Garroth asked his voice lifting up getting softer as he turned giving a half hearted smile as he walked to the island holding two glasses and the bottle "I can't help but miss it . . . . just not right now" He murmured setting the glasses down, sitting and opening the bottle.

" . . . . I'm going to miss being called the Psychopath" Zane snorted happier memories flowing through his mind now, giving a small smile back as he took one glass holding it up and letting Garroth filling it.

"Your going to miss being called an Emo Cupcake" He snorted filling his and holding it up their classes clinking before both brothers threw the alcohol back in one go.

"True Ro'meave style" a high pitched giggle erupted from the other side of the kitchen, where it joined the dining room. Garroth immediately felt his brightening mood dim as he recognized the voice.

"Oh she still works here?" Zane asked dryly avoiding her gaze his dry irritation showing right through."I thought Raven would have tore her head off already"  

"He's more behaved than that!" Garroth protested sheepishly as Ivy walked forward her face filled with pure disgust at the sign of Zane but she curbed it wiping it away as she gave a snarky sneer putting her hands on her hips.  

"Well well, if it isn't the almighty lord himself returned from distant places" She snarked bowing dramatically as Zane shot her a glare

"Still trying to get Garroth to date you?" He asked cocking an eyebrow "Sorry but he's into modest girls, and that skirt is 3 inches too short for you to be anything close to that"