Chapter 29

___________________

"Hey Laurence. . ." Zane spoke up in curiosity as he drove "Before we get there, why are you going to the police . . . what sources could you have there?"

"It's less source then snitch" Laurence threw him a satisfied grin "Besides . . . I'm looking for information on Lucinda"

"Lucinda?" Zane questioned mildly surprised "What has she got to do with all this?"

Laurence snorted giving him a sarcastic eyebrow raise "She knew I was a knight. As in knight not cult member"

Zane took a deep breath focusing on the road "That does raise questions . . . " He spared him a glance "What does this mean?"

"I don't know" Laurence hummed pulling out his dagger examining it as he looked back up at Zane "What I do know is she also inquired about Garroth, about keeping an eye on him . . . in a way I didn't like"

Zane frowned thinking as he leaned back in the seat going over it before it struck him what it could possibly mean as he took a deep breath "Laurence . . ." He trailed off realizing he probably shouldn't tell Laurence.

Laurence glanced over at him from out of the corner of Zane's eyes and he shook his head as Laurence narrowed his gaze. Zane waited as Laurence finally spoke up.

"What. You need to tell me Zane if it's about Garroth . . . "

" . . On the contrary I don't need to" Zane shot back coolly thinking before he got an idea "Laurence . . . how exactly are things between you and Garroth?" He asked turning to him.

" . . . This again?" Laurence groaned before giving a deep sigh "If your just gonna keep bugging me about the specifics unless I answer then . . . pretty okay . . he-" Laurence cut off falling silent thinking back to it before looking over "He got through to me and gave me a second chance . . ."

Zane nodded in acceptance as he hummed thinking over it before shaking his head "Laurence . . . Garroth made me promise not to tell anyone this but . . .Garroth has Esmund's relic" Zane waited for Laurence's reaction but there was only stunned silence and he glanced over to make sure he was okay.

Laurence had froze eyes going wide as he took a deep breath " . . .Garroth . . . Garroth has a relic . . . Ein and Kc . . . All three of them . . ." He trailed off in thinking trying to wrap his head around it as Zane nodded quietly.

"It's why I wanted him to go to Jenna's apartment or at least one of the reasons." Ein needs someone in his situation to talk to. And Garroth needs to come to terms with shutting us out and see how much really missed." Zane said softy " . . . Garroth will end up talking to him . . . and letting him know."

" . . .That's what Lucinda was talking about" Laurence realized with a huff "She said something about Garroth getting headaches, that's been happening to Kawaii~Chan hasn't it?"

Zane sat up straighter nodding in realization "Then we better get to the police station and figure out what the hell she has to do with this"

"It's nothing to do with the knights, I'd have sensed it but I don't know what her angle is on this, and I don't like that" he nodded quietly focusing on the road as Zane sped up a bit.