𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤

caution!! sensitive topics mentioned

—————

song mentioned in chapter:
pray by jxdn

—————

reagan's pov:

no matter how far i ran, he only got closer. my heart was beating so loud i could hear it ringing in my ears. every step i took killed my aching legs. i turned back to look at him, not seeing anyone less around me on the wide land.

i breathed a sign of relief before i was tackled to the ground, my head hitting the dirt ground as it fell. the quick throbbing pain soon subsided, only for me to look up and he a dark figure looming over my body.

he used his weight to pin my to the ground as he fought my fighting arms. i punched and scratched with all my might, nothing seeming to hurt him. my arms were pinned against the ground next to my head, defeated.

"where's that little boyfriend of yours now?" he asked, his warm breath fanning over my face as i recoiled in disgust.

i couldn't escape him now. i tried to scream out call for anyone, anyone at all only for my voice to be silent. adrenaline pumped through my body as i attempted to kick at him with all my might.

"stupid girl," he laughed. "no one can save you now. not ivy, or jaden, hell even your own father would look the other way"

all my fighting had done was irritate him. he made his way over to my ear, his dark shadow unable to be seen. the moon showed brightly, but not bright enough.

"you're mine now reagan"

my body shot up quickly, my breathing heavy as i looked around my dimly lit room. the clock read 2:45am, so much for sleeping long. my eyes adjusted to the low light as my breathing steadied. no one was in my room.

wait. no one was in my room.

"jaden" i called out, looking at the other side of my bed. empty.

panic set in as i jumped out of bed and walked out of my room. i scanned the living room, kitchen and bathroom, no sign of jaden.

"jaden!" i said louder. i looking throughout the apartment, not seeing jaden at all.

i quickly ran back to my room and grabbed my phone off the nightstand, calling him.

he could have just decided to go back home, and not wanted to wake me. but a part of my brain was telling me that wasn't the case. and given what had happened only hours ago, i wasn't ready to risk it.

"hey it's jaden, you know what to do" shit, voicemail.

i hung up before moving back to the living room, knowing that it would be impossible to fall back asleep now.

i could help but be worried. lord knows where he is now, or if he's okay. i love him, and i can't help but hope he's okay and safe.

the door to my patio slid open, my head shooting up to see who was there. i let out a relieved breath when i saw jaden step back into the apartment.

"jesus" i breathed out, holding my chest.

"sorry, i needed some air" jaden said, moving to sit next to me on the couch.

"it's okay, you're okay, i-i just woke up and you weren't here and-" i started, jadens hand moving to much knee to stop my leg from shaking.

"i'm okay angel" he reassured me.