𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

songs mentioned in chapter:
lights up by harry styles
little black dress by one direction
bandit by juice wrld
money in the grave by drake

—————

reagan's pov:

i rolled my eyes at the boy and turned around to continue folding the laundry. jaden walked around the island and leaned against it facing me.

"whatcha doin?" he asked, imitating isabella from phineas and ferb.

"laundry" i answered, but it came out as more of a question.

he got up and started looking through one of the piles of unfolded clothes. the dryer buzzed indicating that it was done. i walked over to the dryer and gathered as much of the clothes in my arms as i could.

"woah i knew you weren't as innocent as i thought" jaden smirked holding up a black lace thongs.

i set down the laundry and looked up at jaden. "that's ivy's" i smiled watching his face contort as he tosses it back in the pile of clothes, making a gagging sound.

i grabbed the rest of the laundry and sorted it into the piles then resumed folding. jaden just stood there watching me as i meticulously folded the clothes and stacked them in their respective baskets, ivy's blue and mine grey.

"what are you doing here again? i asked, taking a different thong out of jaden's hands. this time it was mine, not that i would tell him.

"i thought bryce was here" he answered.

"well he's with ivy" i said, folding a shirt.

"why do you fold all your clothes like that" he asked, laughing as he rounded the corner of the island and standing by my side.

"because i like things organized" i said, setting the shirt on the stack of shirts in ivy's basket.

"ocd much?" he asked, smirking at me.

"only slightly" i snapped back.

i finished folding the clothes, jaden adding in his comments every now and then. i grabbed ivy's basket and went to her room, putting her clothes away in her dresser. jaden following me into her room. he looked around at her room, seeing her pink and white color scheme. he looked around at her photo wall, which mainly had picture of us from various events and parties. i heard him chuckled lightly, most likely at the picture of me pretending to twerk on ivy from halloween last year.

he stayed silent, which surprised me as he never seem to be quite for too long. i exited the room, jaden following me out, and put ivy's basket back where i got it and grabbed mine, heading to my room. the thought never occurred to me that no guy, not even chase, has been in my room since ivy and i moved in. i quickly began to put my clothes away, hoping jaden wouldn't walk in, but alas he did.

"woah" he said, pausing in my door way. "what is that?"

i sighed. "it's a cardboard cut out of harry styles" i said quietly.

he moved over and sat on my bed and laughed lightly. "and you have that why?"

i finished putting away my clothes and turned to face jaden.

"ivy and i always get each other gifts on our best friend anniversary, and last year we got each other really random gifts. i got harry styles" i said, looking over at the cut out in the corner of my room.

"what did she get?" he asked.

"she'd kill me if i told anyone" i said, smiling at the thought.

"oh come on, i won't tell anyone" he said ,
getting off my bed and standing in front of me.