𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

song mentioned in chapter:
la di die by nessa barrett ft. jxdn

—————

reagan's pov:

we quickly came upon the end of our trip, only having one full day left in new york. we spent today going to all the tourist destinations. first we went to the statue of liberty, looking out at the city from the very top. the city looked so beautiful from there, almost like it was fake.

we went to time square after, stopping at every gift shop we saw. jaden got a trucker hat that says "i went to new york and only got this stupid hat" and i got a new york sweatshirt. we stopped and got some pretzels at a little stand before making our way to a random art museum.

the day was prefect. we didn't run into any paparazzi or have cameras showed in our faces. we occasionally got stopped by fans to take some photos, but we didn't mind. it was paradise to us.

we walked into a little coffee shop and sat down, deciding we had walked way too much already and needed to rest a bit.

"how's your coffee?" i asked jaden, who was sitting across from me.

"really good, how's your hot chocolate?" he asked, a small smirk on his face.

he had thought it was hilarious that i wanted hot chocolate, considering we have coffee most mornings together. i told him i didn't want to be all jittery later, which he only shock his head at with a smile on his face.

"very good actually" i replied, copying his smirk.

"can i try some?" he asked, reaching his hand out for my cup.

"oh now the hot chocolate wasn't silly was it? maybe you should have gotten some yourself" i said, raising my eyebrows at him.

"well considering how little i slept last night thanks to you, and how many fucking stairs we went up and down today, i figured coffee would be the right choice. now may i please have some?" he said.

"you were the one that kept wanting to watch more episodes" i said, handing my drink to him.

"i wanted to see if ruby lived!" he said, before taking a sip. "plus we still have another season and a half left"

"you know i've seen on my block a thousand times, i could just tell you what happens" i offered, reaching for my drink back, only for jaden to take another sip.

"uh uh no way, you are terrible at explaining how shows end" he said, handing me back the drink.

"am not, name one time" i demanded, drinking some of my hot chocolate, which was now half gone thanks to jaden.

"you. you said "well basically they killed this one guy, then he locked the girl in the basement and they escaped to a new city" he said, doing his best impression of me.

"okay fair point" i chuckled, finishing off my drink and getting up to throw it away.

when i returned back to the table, jaden was on the phone. his head was in his hand while the other one held the phone to his ear.

"i know i know, i can't tomorrow i'm busy... i know i said i would but i- okay okay! fine! i'll be there in 20" he said before hanging up the phone.

"what was that about?" i asked.

"the only way i could get to come here for a few days is if i promise my manager i'd go to the studio" he sighed. "i'm sorry"

"don't worry about it, we'll go together" i smiled, taking his hands in mine. "plus i've been thinking about us doing a song together for a while"