𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭

songs mentioned in chapter:
falling by harry styles
what a feeling by one direction
little black dress by one direction
sunflower vol. 6 by harry styles
illusion by one direction
olivia by one direction
sign of the times by harry styles

—————

reagan's pov:

we ate breakfast in complete silence, well almost. bryce and ivy were talking about what they could do today, since they both found out neither of them were busy. jaden would occasionally look up at me, then continue to eat. i didn't say anything as i wasn't sure what i would even say. i was almost positive that if i opened my mouth all i would say is something stupid and jaden would laugh and make fun of me.

he seems to be two different people. when he's around his friends and even this morning he was rude and slightly arrogant. but last night he weirdly fixed the cut on my knee, which was scabbed over by now, and he cuddled me last night. i couldn't read him, as if he kept changing who he was on purpose.

i tried to shake off the thoughts as ivy and i made our way to the door, bryce and ivy hugging and trying to sneak a kiss, which turned into way more. jaden winked at me before closing the door, leaving me more confused than i was before.

after the what felt like hours long uber ride, ivy rambling on and on about bryce and how amazing he is, we finally managed to arrive at our apartment. my mind was clouded with thoughts of jaden, how confused he made me feel. how his eyes felt on my body. how his lips would have felt on mine. how he would have felt-

"reagan!" ivy yelled in my ear, snapping me from my thoughts.

"what?" i yelled back.

"put the key in the door dumbass" she laughed, imitating what i looked like just holding the key to our home without doing anything with it.

i opened the door and we stepped in, my nerves immediately relaxing. i fell down on our couch face first, having dropped everything the second i walked through the door. i looked up to see ivy standing in our kitchen, jaden's shirt in hand.

"and what would this be miss reagan jade?" she asked, a smirk replacing the serious look on her face.

"he- he told me to keep it" i said quietly, my cheeks instantly reddening at the memory of the interaction.

ivy squealed and ran over to join me on the couch.

"does this mean your finally over that lame ass chance?" she asked, not even attempting to hide the smile on her face.

"you know his name is chase" i snapped back, rolling my eyes at her.

"whatever he's history, so jaden? what happened last night?" she asked, attempting to wiggle her eyebrows, but failing miserably as she just looked creepy.

i rehashed all the details of the night before. from the shower all the way to the moment he gave me his shirt. she sat there with a huge smile on her face the whole time. to her, any guy would have been an upgrade from chase, but her new man's best friend? that was like a dream come true.

"oh. my. god!" she squealed. "i need to call bryce and set up a-"

"no no no. jaden.. i don't know, he's kinda rude. plus i just met him. and i still have a boyfriend" i said, trying to move on from the subject of jaden.