𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

reagan's pov:

after wiping away the small amount of mascara that had gathered under my eyes, i got out of the car and saw ivy and bruce get out of ivy's camero.

immediately, ivy noticed that i had been crying. she pointed at me and then quickly signed okay before raising her eyebrows and pointing back at me, asking me if i was okay. we both learned sign language in school and continued to use it after, finding it useful when we wanted to communicate in public settings about personal matters. i lifted my open hand, placing my thumb on my chin and tapped it twice, signing the mother. her face fell as he mouth slightly gapped, her fist coming into contact with her chest before moving it in a small circle, saying sorry. i signed that i was fine and we entered into the restaurant.

stepping through the door, my eyes panned around the large space, taking in my surroundings. the place was huge, large red light fixtures hanging from the ceiling over circular booths.

"reservations?" the lady at the front desk asked.

"under hall" bryce answered, his hand smoothly slipping into ivy's as a waiter passed us, causing me to snicker slightly.

the woman lead us through the restaurant and to the outdoor seating area. the place was filled with potted trees and large outdoor heaters. everyone around us was dressed rather fancy, which caused our group to stick out like a sore thumb. i took my places at the table, sitting next to ivy and jaden, bryce across from me. bryce never let go of ivy's hand, holding it on the table, probably to scare off any possibility of men hitting on her. the gesture was cute, and ivy seemed to think the same as her cheeks flushed a light pink.

"everything's so expensive here" i said quietly as i opened the menu, scanning the food and seeing just about everything is over $20.

"don't worry about the price" jaden said lightly, leaning over to my ear, making shivers rush down my spine.

a waitress came and took our drink orders, ivy and i both got a pink lemonade, while bryce got a coke, jaden saying he was fine with water.

a different waiter came over this time to take our food orders. he looked to be in his mid twenties, having black hair, similar to jaden and bryce's. he had green eyes and a dimple on his right cheek that i noticed when he smiled as he approached our table. jaden say up straighter as the man approached.

"hi my name is zach and i'll be your waiter for this evening, is everyone ready to order?" he asked, looking down at me.

"i think so" i said, my cheeks slightly flushing as i looked around at the table, everyone nodding their head.

jaden seemed to glare at him, almost as if he was jealous. but why would he be jealous? jaden is was more attractive than zach, and he- we aren't dating so that's why he wouldn't be jealous.

"okay what would you like?" he asked, grabbing his notepad and turning to me.

"i'll have the salmon with mashed potatoes, no gravy please" i smiled up at him, which he gladly returned before turning to get everyone else orders.

as he reached for all our menus, i noticed a wedding band around his left ring finger. he smiled a little less bright before turning away and walking off.

"i don't like him" jaden said bluntly once zach was out of ear shot.

"why because he was looking at rea?" bryce mocked, making ivy laugh.

"why would i care if he was looking at her?" he snapped back at bryce.

ouch. i began to pick at my thumb again before ivy's foot lightly kicked my shin, telling me to stop.