𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

songs mentioned in chapter:
josslyn by olivia o'brien
so what! by jxdn
lookalike by conan gray

—————

reagan's pov:

today was going to be a good day.

i released my first single last week, and so far it has gone pretty successful. it's already viral on tiktok and today was the music video shoot.

ivy, bryce, noah, and i have all been hanging out more over the last week. noah and i haven't kissed since the party, but we've been talking regularly. he calls and texts me through out the day and we talk about anything and everything. we've become really close friends.

i asked noah to play my love interest in the music video, considering he was the closest guy friend i had other than bryce.

i feel like a bitch. this week's therapy session made me realize that releasing a song about how sad and hurt i was probably wasn't the best way to cope with my emotions.

my brain couldn't come up with a better reason for mads being in that room with jaden. and especially after he had told me he loved me. part of me wishes that i listened to his explanation, but the other half was done with listening to them.

"rea? you listening?" ivy asked, waving her hand in front of my face.

"no- sorry i was zoned out" i said, shaking my head as i snapped back to reality. "what did you say?"

"i asked where you wanted to eat after the shoot? you okay? you seem a little out of it today" ivy said, getting up from the couch she was sitting on to move next to me.

"yeah i'm just a little in my head after seeing jaden" i replied, looking up at her.

i told ivy about seeing jaden, but not about talking to him. i told her i saw him with mads, which isn't a lie because i did.

"aww sweetie, i'm sorry. just try not of focus on him, he's-" ivy started, getting interrupted when bryce and noah walked into the room.

"oh sorry, they were asking for you to shoot the last scene" noah said, looking at me.

"and i got free doritos" bryce smiled, tossing a bag of the purple ones towards ivy, knowing those are her favorite.

"oh yeah" i said getting up before turning towards ivy. "and i have to go to the studio after the shoot, so i'll be home late"

she nodded as bryce joined her on the couch, noah and i walking out towards the set. the set was light with pink lights, setting the mood in the set, which was designed like a bedroom. noah laid down on the bed as i took my place on the foot of the bed, directly in front of the camera. noah acted as if he was frozen, like time had stopped.

*play song now!!*

"action!" the director called out. the music track starting as i sang quietly along with it.

"but know we're off and we'll never be on again, i hope that it was worth it, fucking josslyn" i sang, looking directly into the camera.

"don't wanna fight, i just never wanna talk again, i hope that it was worth it, fucking josslyn" contrary to what most believed, the song wasn't entirely about jaden. it was about chase and brandon as well. i wasn't able to finish the song without jaden though.

"i know we weren't together but we're more than friends, said you couldn't see me while she gave you head. so please, don't ever call again. i hope that it was worth it, fucking josslyn" i finished as the director yelled cut.