Chapter 45: Leaving

Scarlett

It's four am, and I haven't told Mason I'm leaving in the morning. I'm at the balcony with the white sheet wrapped around my naked body. Mason is asleep on the bed, laying on his stomach his arm dropped where I was moments ago.

Grabbing my phone I call Kenz. It's 2pm there so she is probably awake.

"Scar!" Her cheerful tone makes me smile slightly. "Hi."

"Did everything go ok? Are you ok?"

"Yes, everything smoothly. I need to talk to you." She says that she's listening and I close the balcony door behind me, looking at the moon and telling her that I'm leaving along with my reasons.

"You need to tell him." She whispers, I bite my lip looking at the moon. "I know. I just don't know how."

"Look tell him and explain why, and most importantly make sure he knows you will be back. It's harder for him in this case because of his mother. Just assure him that you really like him, and that you will never leave him."

"Thank you." I whisper taking her advice in. She's totally right. Saying bye to her knowing that I won't see her before leaving, I sigh.

I really need to do this or I'll be insane. My head is all over the place, I feel lost.

Hearing the balcony doors open I take a deep breath and turn around. "Kitten?" Mason hoarse voice says, rubbing his eyes.

"Hi." I whisper smiling at him. He frowns and puts his hands on my hips. "What's wrong?"

My heart starts to tighten, beating harder. You have to tell him.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

I chew on my lip, looking at his concerned face. Come on you got this.

"I'm leaving." I blurt out.

He stays quiet, as I look at his face looking for something, I only see confusion. "What do you mean you're leaving?"

"I'm leaving. My head is a mess, I'm not good. Everything is overwhelming me right now, I just need some time away from everything, alone."I bite my lip hard, waiting for his reaction to everything that I rushed out.

His hands fall of my hips, and I know that he's somewhat becoming angry. "You're leaving. Serious Scarlett? Who knows about this? "

"Mackenzie."

"Oh great! So you tell my cousin first. Great." He nods entering the bedroom again, I follow him closing the door behind me.

"I only told her because I didn't know how to tell you."

"And what makes you think that she knows me better than you?" his voice is not hoarse anymore and slightly becoming louder.

Man, I'm so fucked.

"Mason. I was afraid ok? I-"

"Afraid? Because, what? You're leaving just like my mother?"

Ouch.

"I'm nothing like your mother! I'm telling you aren't I? And it's not forever, it's a couple of weeks Mason." I try to make him understanding while keeping my annoyance, that he just compared me to his mother, away.

Mason sighs looking at the ceiling. "When?"

"In the morning."

"Fucking great! So what? The sex we had a couple of hours ago is your way to say goodbye? That's amazing, really." Sarcasm and rage drip his mouth but I take a deep breath calming myself.

"Mason, listen to me." I take one step towards him but he takes one back, glaring at me. "Please." I whisper and he sighs, nodding with his jaw clenched.

Cupping his face with one hand my thumb strokes his cheek gently. "It's just a couple of weeks, I promise. I just need to put things in place. Alone, Mason. I'm not leaving like your mother, I care deeply about you. I'm just struggling a lot with my mind." I say softly, looking in his eyes reassuring him that I won't leave forever.

"You promised me on the plane, you wouldn't leave. Your leaving in a couple of hours." His voice matches mine, soft but sad while mine is reassuring.

"I know. But that doesn't mean I will forget about you, or stop liking you. I do, a lot. But I don't think it's going to be everything ok while my mind is a hell of a mess."

"You always do this, Scarlett. When you told me about my sister you stopped talking to me for a week, now you're leaving for god knowd where. Why don't you just talk to me? I do care about you, and I want to help you when you need, not just in good times."

"I appreciate that. But how do you want me to talk to you when I don't even know what I feel? Just let me figure myself out. I promise when I get back I'll call you." I reassure, taking in the frown on his face.

"Great, not even a phone..." Mason mumbles. "I'm sorry."

"Fine Scarlett. I'll sleep on the other bedroom. Good night." he kisses my forehead leaving without a last glance.

It's not fine.

Seating on the bed I feel a tear leave my eye. See? This is why I need to leave, I'm all over the place.

I lay on it, just staring outside, because sleep never comes to me.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Putting my bags on the SUV that will take me to the airport I see Dominic, Dion and Cole at the door. I haven't seen Mason since last night.

"You're always welcome at my house." Dominic says while hugging me and I nod. "Thank you."

"Man, I'm going to miss you. You're my favorite." Cole says patting my head making me chuckle. "It's not mutual." He gasps and Dion throws him to the side. "Let me say goodbye to my babe."

"I thought Kenz was your babe." I tease grinning as he hugs me. "Eh. You're the second one." I laugh patting his back. "Where is he?" I whisper and hear him sigh as we pull away.

"In the guest bedroom. Go there for real." I nod, and enter the house running to the bedroom since my flight is near.

I knock on the door and he opens, already fully clothed. "Came to say goodbye?" His voice is stern, on the edge.

"Mhm." I look at my shoes, unable to see his emotionless expression, one that has never been there for me.

I want so badly to look at him in the eyes and say the three words that can change many things, but I know it would be unfair.

"Bye Scarlett." He says and I look at his dark brown eyes, seeing coldness and a hint of sadness. "Bye Mason." I whisper, and with a last look I say with my eyes what I can't say with my voice.

I love you.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

It's the end guys, but don't worry second book is already being written.

It will be by the name of Ashes Outcome.

Hope you guys have enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

It's honestly so emotional. I wrote this book as a way to escape reality and to distract me from bad days. It was honestly a pleasure doing it.

Thankfully the story of Scarlett and Mason is not over yet.

See ya'll soon. x

~Nicky