Chapter 2: Introductions

Scarlett

The mansion is beautiful and huge. I enter the gate; guards were all over the path to the front door.

I open my car door to be greeted with a man, maybe in his early fiftys. He smiles at me. "Welcome, I suppose you are Scarlett Black?" I simply nod at him.

The thing is, if you want to be respected and seen with the tinniest fear from other eyes, the first impressions must be the point, small talks, nods, eye contact to show your confidence, and no smiles.

"Well miss Black, I am Santiago and I will take your bags to your room, who will be showed to you after the meeting, now please follow me." I nod again saying a faint 'thank you' and follow the man.

The inside of the house is even more beautiful. Long black stairs who lead to the top off the second, third and fourth floors of the house. The decoration being between, white, gold, and black. All the doors were closed, and I could hear a faint noise of voices behind the door who are at the end of the corridor.

I follow Santiago to the door, I suppose where the meeting is happening. Taking a secret deep breath, Santiago looks at me and I nod, signaling him that he could open the door.

Ok, this is it. For your family.

Opening the doors, I am greeted with a huge room, with a massive table, lot of black chairs with men sitting on them. At the end was Dominic, and to his side a man who must be his son, Mason.

I look at his eyes briefly, they were a deep brown, who matched the color of his messy dark hair. I turn my glance to Dominic who was smiling at me, and I can see Mason smirking at me from the corner of my eye.

I resist the urge to scoff, of course a mafia who only consists of men's, a woman would make him thought off other things.

Dominic nods at Sebastian and he closes the door behind him, I start to walk to Dominic, he engulfs me in a hug. "Scarlett, it's good to have you here. How have you been?" I send him a small smile after backing away and nod. "Fine."

He claps his hands together and looks at his men, I can feel the eyes of Mason on me, but I ignore it.

"Well, this is the last part for the plan who's going to begin. This is Scarlett Mazikeen Black, daughter of Kade Black and Ramsey Black, from the Blacks' Mafia, who was also a victim of the russians." He announces and I look briefly to the table at the mention of my parents names.

All the men nod, or say a simple 'hello', I nod and make small eye contact with all of them, my gaze lingers in one man at the middle of the table, who has a faint smirk looking at me, which is strange, Dominic teaches his men to be respectful towards women who are in this business, and he is the only one who dared to do it. Narrowing faintly my eyes at him, he looks away understanding that I catched him.

Got to keep my eyes open, I see.

"Well since you won't need the names of my men, let's skip introductions. You can all leave now, Thank you." Dominic says and the room stays almost empty, besides me, Dominic, Mason and one other guy who was beside Mason.

"Now, this is my son Mason, leader of the mafia once I retire myself." I look at him and he nods, a faint smirk on his lips. I nod back and look at the other guy. "And this is Dion, the right arm of my son." He extends his hand for me to shake it and smiles at me, "Dion Spilner, here for you anytime." He winks and I laugh shortly shaking his hand. "Good to know."

"Come on Dion, stop flirting." Mason says to him smirking.

Is this guy always smirking?

"I am not! I'm just being nice. She is the only woman on the team besides the maids and your cousin." Mason rolls his eyes and sighs turning to me.

"Shall we go to my office?" I nod looking at his eyes and we all follow him.

Once we are out of the room, his face turns to stone cold, while Dominic still holds his gentle eyes. I can't help but notice that they are pretty similar, the eyes, and the hair color were the same. Even though Dominic is in his fifty, maybe sixty, he's still a well-built man, but shorter than his son. 

We walk to the second floor to an office, where Dominic seats behind the desk, the rest of us three stay on our feet, Mason besides his dad, me and Dion on the other side of the desk.

"Tell me Scarlett, where have you been?" Dominic asks me.

"Just here and there, I don't have much time to go anywhere, with the training and all." He nods at me. "You still live with Xander?"

I shake my head at him. "Not anymore, I moved to a penthouse, half an hour from here."

"I didn't know, but good. How is Wesley?" I couldn't help but smile a little at his name.

You can't help it once you met him, he's the goofiest and nicest person you can meet.

"Still his lazy self." I answer and Dominic chuckles. "I heard he has his own business now."

"Yes, I opened it for him, with the money Xander gave to me these years."

"Oh. That's really good. Well, if you don't mind, Mason will take you to your room since no one is allowed at that floor." I furrow my eyebrows but nod.

Dion and Dominic get out of the office, letting me and Mason alone.

"So, you've been training for how long?" his deep yet hot voice asks me, looking at my eyes.

His are so deep and mysterious.

"Since I can remember." I answer and he nods, leaving his place to approach me, I keep my ground and the eye contact.

When he is close enough to me that our feets touch, he smirks at me and I raise an eyebrow. He looks me up and down, so I do the same.

Not going to lie, from his clothes you could see that he was some hot stuff, he wore some basics black jeans and t-shirt, with black converse.

"You know, I never had a woman working for me, this should be interesting." He smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

"You know, I'm not working for you, I'm working with you." I mock him emphasizing the 'with' and he looks at me with an expression somewhat amused.

"Fair enough, let's go then." He walks to the door and opens it for me, I pass by him and look at him up and down before nodding to myself.

Who would say he's a gentleman?

We walk to the fourth floor of the house, who only has two rooms, and no corridors like the other ones, I suppose to other rooms, and I see my bags at one door.

He points at the right door. "That's your room, mine is that one." He points at the other one.

"That's why no one's allowed in this floor?" I ask and he nods.

"Put your bags inside, I'll give you a tour of the house." He says.

I put my bags at the room not looking very detailed into it and go back to Mason.

He told me that the third floor were rooms, for the guys who didn't have family, or the ones they needed 24\7 here. The second floor were the offices, Dominic, Dion and his cousin room.

At the first floor, is the kitchen, dinner room, living room, meeting room, the principal guns and stock room, and a game room.

They had underground floors, where is the gym, dark rooms, who were for interrogation and keep suspects there, which means it was the torture rooms, no one can hear anything and it's dark down there, makes sense.

And a room bullet prove were they keep the money, other guns, and stocks.

We end up checking the garage too, where is the paradise of cars, I smiled a little watching all of them. If I could, I would have all of those, my dad and I used to talk a lot about cars, he loved them.

In the end is dinner time already, so we head directly to the dining room. During the dinner the only thing I could think off, is that this is going to be definitely interesting.