Chapter 28: Shitty

Scarlett

I'm tired, upset and hungry. Great morning for me. I didn't slept more than two hours.

Checking in my mind to see if I have everything, I make the mess my bed is, and dress my clothes. I put on a gray hoodie that I stole from Mason two days ago, because it was cold outside, and put with black leggings and my Nike.

My hair is so shitty that it's wavy in the ends. It's all shitty today so it combines.

We're leaving in two hours so I head downstairs to the kitchen. I hear the TV on, indicating that Mason is probably on the living room.

Opening the fridge I see two yogurts and I take one, the other being for Mason.

At least the yogurt is good.

I hope this doesn't stay like this for long. But I'm not apologizing, I got nothing to apologize for. He got to man up, and apologize himself. With words not kisses on my head.

Although I like those... a lot.

My phone ringing scares me, taking me from my dazed state. I groan when I see Mackenzie name on it.

I like her, but I can't deal with her constant cheeriness. I turn it off.

"All good, kitten?" I hear Mason's voice and nod, not looking at him. "It was your cousin, I'm not in the mood for her constant happiness."

He sighs approaching me. He leans down, probably to kiss my head but I back away.

I know I will fall in his graces with these little gestures. I can't.

"Kitten..." He mumbles and I look up at him. "Don't kitten me Mason. Get your shit together and then talk to me."

"What do you want me to say?" He asks, putting his hands up in exasperation.

"What did you say to me last night?"

Mason narrows his dark eyes at me. "Don't answer my question with another question."

I sigh. He's so stubborn, it won't get us anywhere. Getting up passing past him he huffs grabbing my arm. "Fine, I told you that I didn't meant anything, and I didn't."

"Cool. Anything else?" I raise my eyebrows at him, he locks his eyes with me rolling his after a couple seconds.

Just say the two fucking words, Jesus christ!

"I get it Mason. When you're ready to roast your ego, I'm here." I go to the leaving room, huffing while sitting on the couch. A couple minutes pass before he leans on the door.

"I say those two fucking words,and then what Scarlett? I know you want me to open up and all that shit. But I don't need to be helped. I'm not some fucking broken object that needs to be catched and put back on place." He says calmly, his eyebrows furrowed.

I don't want that either, I just want him to trust me.

"I didn't say anything of that. I know you're perfectly capable of dealing with shit on your own. And a simple I'm sorry would do the work."

"For now. And then what? You'll get tired of only that when I mess up."

"Jesus, Mason. Then it is what it is. I just want you to trust me, and in situations like this, to let me help you and be there for you. You don't need to say all that fucking deep thoughts in your head. But you don't precisely need to keep it all bottled up and start punching walls on the middle of the street."

"I'm starting to think that you're more worried about the wall than me." He gives me a small smirk and I snort.

Was that all he listened from my ramble? Seriously?

"The paint costs money, you know?"

He chuckles a bit, kneeling in front of me. "We have to go now." I nod getting up.

I wasted my time with him. What's the problem to admit that he's wrong and say I'm sorry, I'm not asking for a fucking marriage. Geez.

I hear him sigh when I go ahead of him, my face blank.

-------
The tension is still here. We're both on our seats on the jet, neither of us talking.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit? We don't date or anything , but I think that when people say that they're sorry they're admitting a mistake and that means they thought about it, therefore, care or respect the person.

I give him all my respect, I just want the same, or it's not worthy, being friends with a person who doesn't values you.

Sighing I get up and lay on the couch, putting the hood over my head, I close my eyes, falling asleep.

"Kitten, we're here." Mason whispers waking me up. I groan rolling to my back.  Getting up I loose my balance a little, leaning on the seat. "All good?" I nod at Mason, rubbing my eyes.

We enter the SUV heading towards the mansion. I'm not ready to go, I want to go back to Italy.

At the door at the mansion I see Mackenzie and Dion grinning.

Oh god, happy people now, no please.

Mason opens my door, Santiago taking our bags. I thank at Mason, and leave towards the door, sighing.

"Oh my god! I missed you! How was the trip? Wild, you know?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me grinning and I force a smile.

"Kenz, we're tired. We talk to you after." Mason speaks and I truly appreciate. But Kenzie being Kenzie doesn't hear.  "Shut up. What did you do to her she's too quiet."

"Comparing to you everyone is quiet."

"Fuck off Mason. Scar tell me things!" She shakes me and I sigh.

Jesus fuck, I just want to be alone.

"Mackenzie! She's tired, she talks to you after. Now let us go, I need to solve some things with her." Mason voice is hard, his eyes glaring at his cousin.

"Of course you fucked up. What did he do?" I open my mouth to say nothing but Mason beats me to it. "Shut up Mackenzie! Stop putting your nose on others people life. She just woke up, let her breath." He raises his voice, shutting Mackenzie up.

"Sorry Kenz." I say to her and she nods. Grabbing Mason hand we enter, going to his bedroom.