Chapter 31: Fragile

Mason

After calling my clean team I knock on Dion's door room.

"The hell?" He grumbles opening his door. "Wake up, open the door to the cleaning team. I have to go check on Scarlett." I rush, turning to leave.

"What? Man, what happened? Is she ok?"

"I don't know. I tell you what happened in the morning. Just open the door to them." I turn rushing to Scarlett room.

The way she passed by me a couple minutes ago with such a blank face and cold voice left me worried. That piece of shit brought back memories to her, that certainly she didn't wanted to.

I know how it hurts to lose a sister, but lose a whole family... I don't fucking know.

Entering her room I hear her scream, punching the white tiles of the shower, the water running through her body.

I enter the shower cubicle, still with my gray sweatpants and wrap my arms around her body, turning her to me. "Hey, hey. It's ok." I whisper and she sobs leaning her head on my chest while I run my hand through her soft hair. 

"Who's the one punching walls now?" I say making her laugh through her sobbings.

Her hands are on her side, and I go to grab them to wipe the blood out of them, but her next statement stops me.

"Fuck me." She whispers making my hands stop for a second before they rub her hair again. "No. Look at me."

She just wants a distraction. When it is over she will go back to feel pain.

She looks up, cracking her neck. "Just fuck me Mason. Please." Scarlett pleads, making me frown. "You're looking for a distraction, when it's over the pain will come back." I cup her face in my hands pecking her lips.

"Just kiss me then."

I look at her mesmerizing gray eyes, checking for any sign of using it to forget, but the only thing I can see it's that she needs it as a way of comfort.

I lean in, connecting our lips, kissing her softly. Her lips are warm, soft and I can taste the tears in them. I feel her arms come up to my neck but she stops before she can touch me, probably self conscious of the blood.

Not wanting to deepen the kiss further, I slowly pull away, giving a last peck and grabbing her hands. "Let's wash it, yeah?" I say softly looking at her eyes, she nods.

I end up washing her hair too when she leans her head back on my now naked chest. Kissing the top of her head my arms wrap around her, and we leave the shower cubicle. We dry ourselves, and I pick a pair of sweats that she probably stole from me because they're my size.

Laying on her bed I wrap one arm around her, my hand caressing her face making her eyes close and her body melts on my arms.

By the sound of her soft breaths she's already asleep so I look at her.

I like her, there is no point in denying it. She's the first person that I have feelings towards. But I can't help it.

I'm addicted to her, since her body to her personality. Those cute giggles of hers, or the bright smile she has. The way her laugh with me it's different from when she laughs to other persons. Her sarcastic way or her teases.

She's so strong yet so fragile.

I love the way she understands me, the way she always asks permition to touch me, sometimes she doesn't even need too, her face and eyes tell me.

The way she's confident with herself but still oblivious to the massive beauty she has. She doesn't even need make up for anything.

She's simple yet beautiful and delicate. Her tattoos for example, they're simple, delicate and beautiful it complements her well.

I know she's hiding something, and has to do with her scars. I feel like it's something with Ezekiel because she shut Emanuel when he would say something.

I want her to trust me as I trust her. Even if I'm not used to share what I feel, or not used to feel anything but anger, she still is the person that I could easily call my safe place.

Before her I haven't laughed for six years, nor hugged anyone.

She makes me happy without I even notice it. These two days I missed her, and didn't slept shit. It's like my body only can fully relax when she's on my arms.

My phone vibrates making my caress on Scarlett soft cheek stop.

Dion:
It's all cleaned. You'll probably need new chairs.

Mason:
Good. Don't worry about it.

Dion:
You should let your dad know. Is she ok?

I know he's referring to Scarlett. It's also amazing how she could make people like her in minutes.

Mason:
I will. She's asleep, but I think she's good now.

I look for my dad's number, to let him know.

Mason:
Emmanuel broke in the house. He's dead now, he talked some shit about Alessandra and Scarlett parents.

Dad:
You're both ok?

Mason:
Yes. I will stay with her tomorrow all day, but I try to close the deal.

Dad:
Don't worry I will be back tomorrow. Just stay with her.

Mason:
Thank you.

I don't think I apreciate my dad enough. He could be already away from this life but he choosed to stay until he really can't. He says that he wants me to live the most I can't.

My finger goes to the cut on her neck. It's not deep but it should take cream on it. I get up, searching on the bathroom for it.

Laying back on the bed she snuggles immediately to me making me chuckle and put the cream softly on the wound.

Sleep consumes me after it soon, her body engulfed on mine.