Pilot (PT.2)

"The Battle of Willow Creek, took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr. Tanner asked the entire class. I wasn't really paying attention and I was in my own world. I've been having these weird dreams lately about this really handsome guy but I don't know who this individual is. It has me a bit weirded out. "Miss. Bennet." 

"Umm. A lot?" I chuckled along with the rest of the class. Honestly nobody really pays attention in this class. "I'm not sure, but like a whole lot."

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Miss. Bennet." Well that was a bit rude.

"Mr. Donovan, would you like to take this opportunity to overcome you imbedded jock stereotype?"

"It's okay Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." Everyone, including me in the class chuckled. 

"Amelia?" Oops... I don't even know.

"Umm... I'm not sure." I slightly smiled.

Mr. Tanner gave me a disapproving look. "Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know." 

"I was willing to be lenient last years for obvious reasons. But the personal excuses ended with summer break." He did not have to say that. Just because we don't know it doesn't mean that we're using our parent's death as an excuse. 

"There were 346 casualties. Unless your counting the local civilians." Well... Stefan is smart because I would've never remembered that. 

"That is correct. Mr.---"

"Salvatore." I already knew his last name but I still can't get over the fact that his last name is kind of cool.

"Salvatore? Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?"

"Distant." Well-duh. It wouldn't be recent.

"Very good. Except of course there were no civilian casualties in this battle"

"Actually there were 27 sir. Confederate soldiers they fired on the church believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss."  Mr. Tanner didn't know what to say. "The founders archives are stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts Mr. Tanner." The whole class laughed and there were several 'ohhs'. No one has ever said that to Mr. Tanner. I am starting to take a liking to Stefan.

()()()()

The bonfire was tonight and I was going to go after I got Jayden ready for the night. "Jayden, come over here." He was playing with his toys in the living room and I heard his small footsteps running into the kitchen.

"Yes Momma?" He's so cute when he looks up at me with his confused look. I got down to his height and looked at him smiling.

"I am going to go to a party tonight and you are going to stay with Aunt Jenna okay?" He looked at me with sad eyes when I said that.

"But Momma! I want you to stway with me!" His eyes got a bit teary and I felt bad. I really wanted to go to the bonfire but I didn't want my baby to cry. I didn't know what to do. 

"Baby, I won't be gone long. You and Aunt Jenna will have fun I promise." Aunt Jenna walked in right when I said that. 

"Yeah Jayden. We will have a lots of fun. We can watch movies and eat popcorn." Jayden loves watching movies and eating popcorn so I knew he would love that.

"Okay." Jayden agreed so I gave a him a hug and went upstairs to change.