Our Town

(Amelia's outfit on top)

"Jayden, go get your pants on please." I call out to Jayden who was running around the house without pants. Nik was standing in front of Rebekah's coffin while drinking. I look at him for his help since Jayden wasn't listening to me. "Nik, can you tell him something because he seems to not be paying attention to me."

Nik looks up as Jayden was running in front of us. "Jayden!" Nik says pretty loud and Jayden stops in his tracks. "Listen to your mother and go put your pants on." Jayden nodded and ran up the stairs. 

"Unbelievable!" I exclaim. "He listens to your really quick, but not to me!" I say not knowing how he does it. 

"You are too nice to him, love." Nik tells me as he looks down at the coffin. "You have to be strict or he won't listen to you." 

I nod and sigh. He is hurt by the fact that he had to do that to his sister again, but he thought it was best. I might not agree with him but I will support him no matter what. 

I walk over to him and stand next to him. I look down at the coffin and run my hand up and down his back. "You can wake her up whenever you're ready to face her." I say and he nods. 

"Sweet dreams, Rebekah." He says quietly and then one of the hybrids come over. "Show her to her room, would you, love?" 

"Sure." She says and stars to push the coffin out of the room. 

I turn to him and before I could say anything to him, he speaks. "I'm surprised you're still in town." I look at him confused and then I look to our side and I see Stefan standing there. "I gave you your freedom. You could have gone anywhere." Nik says. 

"I live here, Klaus." Stefan says and Nik starts to walk towards him and I follow him. 

"Well, if we're playing this game, then, uh... I was here first." Nik says and I chuckle while shaking my head. He's not wrong about it. 

"You know, I don't like your hybrid friends." Stefan says and he gets off the wall, walking towards Nik while Nik pours himself a drink. "They're everywhere, kind of like fleas. I want them gone." 

Nik takes a breath and then speaks. "Yeah, well, uh, I kind of like having them around." Nik responds. Stefan fake smiles and then Nik continues. "You know, I'm hurt." He says. "I hoped that, uh, I'd free you and we'd pick up where we left off. But here you are guzzling vervain like the rest of them, I'm sure." Nik puts the bottle down and holds his glass up. "So much for friendship."

"Friends don't strip friends of their free will." Stefan says. 

"Okay, granted, yeah, that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody."

I chuckle quietly and mumble, "A little?" But of course, their vampire hearing made them hear me. Nik playfully glared at me and Stefan just looked at me emotionless. 

"Anyways, just ask my siblings and of course, Amelia." Nik says and then turns around to look at me and the place where Rebekah's coffin used to be. "Speaking of whom... isn't it time you handed the over?" 

Stefan steps forward and gets closer to Nik. "Klaus... get your hybrids out of Mystic Falls or I will remove them myself."

"You see, if you continue to threaten me, I'm going to be forced to retaliate." Nik responds back.  "Kill people. And it'll get messy again."

"Do whatever you want. I don't really care." Stefan says. "Or you know what? Maybe I do. Yeah. Yeah, maybe I care so much that I drop Elijah into the artic." He says and I gasp from behind Nik. 

"You won't do that." I say shockingly.

Stefan looks at me and tilts his head. "You think I won't Amelia?" He says and steps closer to me which makes Nik stand right in front of him, blocking him from getting to me. "Protect her all you want, Nik. You're the one putting her in the middle of the crossfire." He says and Nik glares at him. "And Amelia, I would throw Elijah in the artic. I have no humanity, remember?"