The Last Day

It was the day of the sacrifice and I was not ready whatsoever. I'm not ready to lose my sister at the hands of my soulmate. I have a feeling something is going to go wrong today and I don't like it.

At the moment, Katherine and I were sitting on the the couch, talking while Nik and Jayden were eating breakfast together.

"Today is the day. What do you think?" Katherine asked me. I looked over at Nik and I knew he was listening because he was sitting still and looking straight ahead as if he was focusing.

"I mean, it doesn't really feel too nice knowing that your sister is going to die at the hands of your boyfriend." I signed and looked a Nik who was now putting his and Jayden's plates in the sink. I looked back at Katherine and leaned closer to her, whispering in her ear. "It's too easy. Something is going to go wrong." Katherine nodded and I looked back at Nik who was now looking at us.

"Since when were you two best friends?" Nik asked, confused as to why we were holding a conversation for too long. I smiled and him and then looked back at Katherine.

"I noticed that she's not too bad of a person. Jayden likes her and she is a good friend, I guess." Jayden smiled and looked at Nik.

"Yeah dad, Kat is nice." Katherine smiled slightly at Jayden and Nik signed.

"I'm glad you like her, little guy. But I don't." Nik said and Jayden pouted. I shook my head and walked over to them. 

"He's joking, baby." I gave Nik a pointed look and Nik rolled his eyes, walking towards the front door. "Where are you going now?" I asked.

"To the Grill." Nik responded, putting on his jacket.

"Can I go, dad?" Jayden asked Nik and then looked at me. "Can we go, momma?" I looked at Nik and he waved us over.

"Let's go little guy. Get your jacket." Jayden ran to the room and got his jacket. Since I already had one on, I walked towards Nik. 

"You may not like Katherine, but don't try to get Jayden to not like her." I told Nik and he nodded.

"My apologies, love." He gave me a kiss on my cheek and I smiled. Jayden ran back to us and grabbed Nik's hand. 

"Alright, let's go." I looked back at Katherine and waved. "See you later, Katherine." She waved back and we walked out the door towards the car.

...

We arrived at the Grill and walked hand in hand. I walked towards an open table with Jayden while Nik started to walk towards the bar. I guessed he was just going to get a drink but then I saw him heading towards Damon and Alaric. I shook my, smiling and sat down at the table with Jayden.

"Momma, why dad over there?" Jayden asked as he pointed towards the bar where Nik was now talking to Damon.

"He's making some new friends, baby." I told him and he smiled.

"Can I go meet them?" He started to get out of the booth but I grabbed his arm.

"You already know them and plus you need to eat first, so sit down." I told him and he sat down reluctantly. I smiled at him and the waitress walked over to our table.

"Hello, how may I help you?" We ordered and waited for our food to arrive. 

Klaus's POV

"Gentlemen." I walked over to the bar, leaving Amelia and Jayden at a booth so they can eat. Alaric straightened himself out and Damon Salvatore looked at me confused before realizing who I was.

"Ugh." Damon groaned. "Klaus, I presume." He said and I smirked.

"In the flesh." I responded. "Thanks for the loaner, mate." I told Alaric and Damon stood up from his chair with a scowl on his face.