Know Thy Enemy//The Last Dance (PT.1)

Our first day in Mystic Falls wasn't very eventful. Nik had went out to grab some people and I had to explain to Jayden what was happening without telling him all the bad stuff. 

"Alright Jayden, momma has to tell you something." Jayden nodded and sat down next to me. I wasn't prepared to tell Jayden that his dad was a vampire because I didn't want him involved in all of this, but I had to since Nik was going to switch bodies with someone and Jayden would start asking questions. "Let's start by saying that your dad is... he's different."

"Dad is diffewent?" I nodded and he looked confused. "How?"

"Your dad has special powers. He's not like you and me." Jayden smiled innocently and put his hands together.

"Dad is a superhero? Like superman." He asked.

"Something like that." I chuckled. "The only difference is that your dad is... a vampire." His eyes widened and I noticed that I shouldn't have blurted it out like that.

"A vampire!! Like Dracula? But he dangerous."  Jayden looked scared and I shook my head.

"No baby, he's not dangerous. Your dad would never hurt you. He loves you and he will always protect you." Jayden smiled and put his small hand in mine. 

"Really?" I nodded and smiled at him. "Okay. So, dad is a nice vampire?" 

"Sometimes, but I'm sure if someone was ever mean to you he wouldn't be nice." I smiled and so did Jayden. 

"I love dad, momma. Where is he?" Jayden asked.

"He went to do some things." Jayden nodded and I got a text message on my phone.

Messages:

Nik: I'm on my way back to the apartment, love. Make sure Jayden is somewhere else.

Me: Alright. Just so you know, Jayden knows you're a vampire. He took is pretty well. :)

Nik: Great. I'll be there soon.

End of Messages:

I put my phone down and stood up, looking at Jayden. 

"Let's go and hangout in the room, okay?" Jayden nodded and I picked him up, walking to the room.

...

Jayden had fallen asleep and all I could hear was chanting outside of the room. It must be Maddox performing the spell on Nik. I decided to walk out and see what was going on. I walked out the room and saw my sister's doppelganger on the floor. Nik had told me all about her and that her name was Katerina but everyone called her Katherine nowadays.

She was starting to wake up and I noticed that she looked a lot like my sister. If I didn't know better, I would think that it was Elena. Katherine looked really confused and when she looked at me, her eyebrows raised in confusion.

Maddox stopped chanting and Nik ripped the needles out of his arms. Nik stood up and Maddox bowed in acknowledgement. I looked closely at his face and I really hoped that he wouldn't be in that body for long. It's not that I didn't like it, I just like the normal Nik not Alaric/Nik.

Katherine stood up and Nik turned around to face her after looking at me.

"Alaric?" Katherine asked and Nik smirked. I think she noticed that it wasn't really Alaric because she tried to sped out of the apartment. The only thing that stopped her was a barrier at the door that didn't let her out. Nik walked over to her and she turned around.

"Zdravei, Katerina." Nik greeted her and smirked. He grabbed her face in his hands. "I have missed you." I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at them. In my mind I was saying. 'For his sake, I hope he didn't mean that.'