The Last Dance (PT.3)

(On top is Amelia's outfit for the dance.)

The party had started and I was walking next to Alaric/Nik. It might seem suspicious that we walked in together, but we could just say we saw each other outside and decided to walk in together. 

So many people were dancing around and at the moment I just wish Nik was in his own body so we could dance as a couple. 

"What's on your mind, love?" I looked at Alaric/Nik and I shrugged. 

"I just wish we could dance together right about now and that you were in your original body. This is also all kind of stressful." Nik nodded and grabbed my hand in his.

"I'll be in my body soon and I know this is stressful. We may not be able to dance as a couple right now because it will be suspicious, but we can just dance." He started to pull me along as he randomly danced. I laughed at him but followed his actions and danced as well.

We stopped in front of a random student that spoke to Alaric/Nik. She looked familiar but I didn't remember her name.

"Nice outfit, Mr. Saltzman. Totally far out." The girl then looked at me and smiled. "I feel like I've seen you before, but either way, your outfit is also super cute." I smiled at her.

"Thanks." I responded and the Alaric/Nik spoke.

"Thank you, Dana. Thank you." Oh.. Dana. That's her name. "Now who is your date?" Alaric/Nik asked and I looked at the boy dancing with her. 

"It's Chad, Mr. Saltzman. From third period." I smiled nicely at the two.

"Chad, of course." Alaric/Nik put his hand on Chad's shoulder. "How would you and your friends like to earn a little extra credit?" I knew exactly where this was going. Chad nodded, obviously intrigued by the extra credit offer. Nik smirked and went on telling Chad and Dana what to do.

...

There was a slow song playing right now and as much as I would like to drag Alaric/Nik to the dance floor, I can't. It sucks and I just want this night to be over so he could get back into his body. The song stopped and Dana spoke into the microphone.

"Thanks for being here, everybody." There were cheers and I knew that the night was finally getting started. "We have a special shout-out tonight." Here it goes. "This is for Elena. From Klaus." Everyone cheered and applauded. I knew Elena must be freaked out right now and honestly, I would be too if I were her.  A romantic song started playing and I knew that Nik chose that song just to get a reaction out of the group. 

Once the song ended, I saw Elena and the rest of the group standing in the middle of the dance floor. Damon seemed to have seen us because he started making his way towards us.

"Special dedication, huh?" Alaric/Nik spoke and a small smile ended up on my face. "This guy's a little twisted." I let out a small laugh and the both looked at me. Damon gave me a nod, acknowledging that I was here and Alaric/Nik just smiled at me.

"I'm not impressed." Damon answered. 

"No?" Alaric/Nik asked. 

"Let me know if you see anything out of whack." Damon looked at the both of us and I nodded. 

"Oh." Damon walked away and I looked at Alaric/Nik.

"Well, I guess you should've upped your game." I playfully said and walked away, leaving him standing there.

...

The night became chaotic faster than I thought it would. One minute I'm just talking to Bonnie and the next Bonnie is being dragged by a frustrated Elena and I of course followed them outside.