Hybrid Search

Nik, Jayden, and I were on our way out of Mystic Falls to find some werewolves to turn into hybrids.

"Dad, where are we going?" Jayden said when he woke up. Nik looked at him through the mirror and then back to the road.

"We're going to go make some new friends." Nik replies. "Do you want to make new friends?" Nik asks.

Jayden's face immediately brightened since he loved meeting new people and making friends. "Yeah, dad!" He said and then looked at me. "Momma, you make new friends too?"

"Of course, baby. All three of us will be making friends." I tell him and he smiles.

He looks at Nik and leans forward in his car seat. "Dad, will they be nice?" He asked.

"Yes, they will be nice and if they were ever mean to you, I would ki--" Nik started saying and I interrupted him.

"You're dad will nicely and politely talk to them." I say and give Nik a certain look which made him laugh. I turned back to Jayden and said, "Don't worry, they will be nice."

...

Nik pulled into a small fast food restaurant so that we could eat. Jayden had been complaining for the last hour that he was hungry and Nik and I were as well. Rocky also seemed to need to pee, so it was good for all of us to stop and get some food and use the bathroom.

"I'll stay out here with Rocky and probably get some food." Nik tells me with a smirk. "You go and get some food with Jayden."

I nod and pick Jayden up. "Okay, be careful. Wouldn't want you getting caught." I said and he smirked.

"I'm Niklaus Mikaleson. I never get caught, love." He says and starts walking away with Rocky.

I laugh and walk inside with Jayden in my arms. I order our food and go to sit at a table in the back of the restaurant to eat.

"Mommy, where did dad go?" Jayden asked as he sat across from me.

"Your dad is outside with Rocky, letting him pee." I tell him and he nods.

As we were waiting for our food, a man that looked around 30 years old came up to us. He had brown curly hair with a trimmed beard. When he smiled I noticed that some of his teeth were missing. He wasn't the most handsome guy in the world if I was honest.

"Howdy, gorgeous." He greets and smiles at me with his half teethed smile.

I cringe but still smile back, not wanting to be rude. "Hi, how may I help you?" I ask, not too sure on why he was over here.

"Would you like to go over to my house? We can leave the kid with someone else while we have some fun." He says and I chuckle at the awkward situation.

"I'm sorry, but I.." I started but was interrupted.

"Well, hello there mate." I notice Nik when he speaks from behind the man. I picked Rocky up from the ground and the man turned around.

The guy sighs and leans closer to Nik, who looks about ready to rip the guy's heart out. "Cmon man! Give me some space. I was about to get her to come to my house to have some fun."

I scoff at his comment on how he was almost getting to me. He was about to get rejected.

"Well, it's my pleasure to say that my wife will not want you." Nik says and then looks the guy in the eyes. "Leave right now before I rip your heart from your chest." Nik compels the guy and he leaves.

"Your wife, huh?" I say with a small blush on my cheeks.

Nik smiles. "Someday, love. Someday."

Nik sits down and Jayden automatically sits on his lap. It makes me happy to see how happy Jayden is when Nik is around. I think he feels better knowing that he has a father figure in his life. Nik is his father and nobody could ever change that.

The food had arrived and we ate peacefully, having conversations here and then. This was one of the first times we've had a family bonding moment ever since we came back to Mystic Falls.

I always thought that I would never say that I didn't want to go back to my hometown, but I honestly don't want to go back.

Mystic falls has just brought problem after problem ever since vampires started showing up again. I just want to be able to stay away from all the drama in Mystic Falls and live happily with Jayden, Nik, and of course Rocky, which is like our second child, but I doubt that will happen. At least not for now.

...

We were back on the road now and Jayden was playing on his tablet while Nik and I talked.

"So, where are we going to go after you get all the hybrids you need?" I ask him.

I see him shrug and he looks at me for a split second before looking back at the road. "Anywhere you want, love." He tells me.

"Anywhere but Mystic Falls." I say and I can tell that it kind of surprised him. "I want to stay away from all the drama over there. They hate me anyways. The only one who has messaged me since we left was Caroline. She asked me if we were okay and I just responded with a yes." I ranted and Nik nodded.

"Caroline is your best friend right?" Nik asks and I nod.

"Yeah! She's been there for me through so much." I say and then continue. "She was there when I found out I was pregnant and she held me as I cried because I didn't know what I was going to do. She was there when Jayden's birth father left me after I told him I was pregnant, and she was also there for me when my parents died." I stop, thinking of all the times Caroline has been there for me. She is really more so a sister than a best friend. "Even if she could be annoying sometimes; I don't know what I would do without her." I say and Nik smiles while looking at me.

Nik grabs my hand in his and places a kiss on the top of my hand. "I'm extremely glad that you had someone you could count on when I wasn't here." He says and I nod. "I don't want your friendship to be ruined because of our relationship." He says and I start worrying that he is breaking up with me. Nik could probably sense my worry because he tightens his grip on my hand and continues. "I'm not leaving you, love. I'm just saying that I will try to get on her good side just for you."

I smile at him and lean over to peck his cheek. "I'd appreciate that very much." I say and he nods. "I think you guys will get along great once you get her on your good side. It probably won't be easy though." I say and he chuckles.

"No woman can resist my charm, love." He says and I slap his arm.

"And nobody is going to have to because you aren't charming any women." I say and I see him smirk. "You will only be nice to Caroline. Not flirt." I say and he nods.

"I love it when you're jealous. But you know that you are the only one for me, love. Nobody could ever replace you." He says and blush. "You are my soulmate after all."

Author's Note:

Short chapter! We will get back to episode related chapters in the next one. This is basically a filler and also explaining how Caroline and Klaus's relationship will work in the upcoming chapters.

I will probably be changing some of their conversations so that it doesn't look like he is flirting too much and looking like he's in love with her. After all, this story is about Nik and Amelia being soulmates.

Fun fact! I wrote this chapter while in my Spanish class! 😂

Thanks for reading!!!