One

**This is a sequel to "An Alpha To Claim and Love". If you haven't read it yet, go read it!**

"Mom, can I talk to you for a bit?" Sebastian asks quietly as he stares nervously at Leena.

She raised my brow confused. "Alone?" She slowly asks. Sebastian nodded his head as his eyes traveled to Valerie who had her back towards them and was rummaging through her closet for something to wear for ninth birthday that night. "Valerie, I'll be back okay?" Leena said to her. Valerie turned and placed her hands on her hips and glared at her mother. "You call this helping mom?"

Leena chuckled and waved her off. "Not like you really need me anyways," She stated then went and pushed Sebastian out of her room and into his. Leena closed the door and walked over to his bed and sat down. "What's wrong?" She asked as she pat down the spot next to her but instead of sitting next to her, he crouched in front of Leena and gently grabbed her hands.

Sebastian was no longer the little man Leena used to see everyday. He was now a grown man at around the age of finding his mate. Through the years, his hair had turned an auburn red color and his face no longer baby faced but was well groomed and had a strong jawline like most werewolves. His body was a strong built from the intense training from Dante and the rest of the boys. Sebastian gripped her hands slightly tighter and looked deeply into her eyes, not sure where he should start. He took in a shaky deep breath, "I'm just going to be blunt with you so please forgive me okay, mom?"

Leena looked at him even more confused, "Sebastian? Why are you acting like this?"

He gave her a faltering look, "Valerie is my mate." Leena, like every mother, was shock stricken. She didn't know what to say. She had absolutely no clue what to say. "Are...are you sure Sebastian? Are you positive she's the one?" She asked quietly as her hands gripped his in return. Sebastian sadly smiled. "She's the one, mom. She's mine," he whispers. It sounded so right yet so wrong. His heart pounded painfully yet comfortably but he knew he shouldn't be feeling that way. It was wrong. Completely wrong. "I don't know what to do, mom."

He looked pained. He looked troubled. 

Leena looked at him speechless and then smiled with her eyes glazed over. She caressed his face and brushed the hair away from his forehead. "The question is, Sebastian...what do YOU want to do?" His eyes start to falter and the wall he built up to mask his true emotions began to crumble. Werewolves, do not get a second chance mate, both of them knew that well. They both knew that if he was to reject her and once she gets to the age of finding her mate, she won't be able to find him because she had already been rejected without the agreement of the rejection. "Do you want to stay and find out if she'll accept you while mentally fighting to keep a distance? Or leave, and know that she'll still be here with much hate towards you for leaving so suddenly?"

The question hung thick in the air. Sebastian and Valerie were extra close. He protected her and looked after her like his own sister, up until the day he found out that she was his. He distanced himself whether she liked it or not. Sebastian would never be anywhere near her radius unless called upon by his father or her brother Sky. Every time Valerie will talk, he had to control himself not to swoon over her or look at her indifferently. But damn the devils, it was hard to do. She was a growing beauty in his eyes and he couldn't help but want her close at all times. Sebastian sadly smiled. "She has your beauty, ma." He looks up at her as she smiles at him. "But none of both of your attitudes, thank the heavens."

"Hey," Leena pouted, removing her hands from him, making both of them laugh. Sebastian grabbed her hands again and kissed her knuckles. "I love you mom. I love all of you guys. You've taken me in and raised me as your own. And I thank you for that. This is the hardest decision I have to make." Sebastian pressed his forehead on top of her hands. The decision was a hard one. He has been thinking about what he wanted to do for the longest time. Valerie is only nine now, and he was going to turn eighteen quite soon. Does age matter with Valerie? Will Valerie really care? How does Valerie really feel about having a mate? He's asked himself millions of questions the first night he found out. He was stuck, he knew that for a fact. Sebastian took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He looked up to his caretaker, mother, protector and guardian with the utmost love.

"I choose to stay no matter how much it pains me to keep away from her. No matter how angry I get if she wants to feel someone else's love." Even at that thought was making his blood burn making him squeeze her hands. Leena broke into a smile as her eyes twinkled with proudness. "Even if she rejects me after finding out, I'll take it as is and accept her rejection. I'll completely understand considering our relationship now. Maybe...just maybe, she might just change her mind about me." His mother slowly nodded in agreement. "But all I ask of you and dad, is to not interfere. This is, after-all, an obstacle only I can overcome with Valerie." Leena cupped her boy's face and lingered a kiss to his forehead. "My son..." she begins. Leena backed away and looked him in the eyes. "I trust that you know what you're doing. So this is my promise to you. I'll kill your father if he intervenes."

Sebastian chuckles making her smile. He wraps his arms around his mother's small form as she smiles and tightens her hold on him. "My son, Sebastian. You have a great hurdle ahead of you. Be prepared for whatever comes your way and if you ever need help, I'm just a call away."