Eighteen

Arriving at the house, both of them exit. Valerie was going to head in first when Sebastian stops her by grabbing her arm and pulls her back. "I really wish you could just talk to me. I want to know your thoughts about us. I want to know where I stand, what I can and can't do, what I can and can't say." Sebastian turns her to face him but Valerie still refuses to look up at him. With a little force, he makes her look up at him. She stares back, desperate to get out of the conversation. Sebastian notices this and slowly lets her go, taking a step away to keep his distance. He then turned away from her. "I didn't mean to force you. Take your time." Leaving her stand there, Sebastian enters the house where their father was waiting for their arrival.

Valerie looks everywhere to keep the tears from falling, knowing how much he was holding back for her and for so long. Had it been her in his situation, she would have probably gone insane. With that, she stayed outside. She went to sit on the swing chair and drowned herself in her own thoughts while watching the clouds slowly pass on by. "You're so stupid, Valerie," she scolds herself. She then looks down to her hands, remembering just moments ago where Sebastian had taken her hand and placed it against his cheek. Though she hadn't noticed it right away, but she could still feel the tingles she had felt then. The tingles that told her that Sebastian was indeed her mate. She sighed and buried her face into her hand, holding back the tears. "You're so stupid!" she whispers angrily. 

Inside, Dante and Sebastian heads upstairs to investigate Valerie's room. Before entering room, Dante stopped Sebastian to remind him to keep his cool. "I'm good," Sebastian convinces. Dante stares at him with a sigh. He goes to unlock the door and then opens it. Immediately the stench of the person that had marked up Valerie's room still lingered strongly. Both Dante and Sebastian entered with no regard to such a strong smell and looked the room over. Just the stench alone got Sebastian on edge. He wanted to murder the bastard who dared marked her room. He looked around the room, going from the bedroom to the bathroom, and searched through everything for any clues as to who did it but to no avail, they found nothing. As Sebastian and his father continues to search, something wasn't sitting right with him. He slowly re-evaluates the room then looks to his father who gives him a knowing nod: the person had came back to mark the room again.

Without further to do, they exit. Dante locks the door and both headed downstairs where everyone else was waiting. When they approached, Leena turns in her seat and looks at the two with anxiousness. Dante goes over and places a hand on her shoulder as he stares at everybody. "The person had come back and re-marked the room."

Jasmine and Leena stared at them shocked as Owen let loose a growl. Leena stares up at Dante devastated then looked to Sebastian whose eyes had blackened. "What about Valerie? We can't just keep her locked up and it would be a nuisance to the others to keep protecting her," Leena argues.

"I understand," Dante says patting the side of her head and then places his hand back down onto her shoulder with a light squeeze. "Though she is capable of protecting herself, this is something we cannot take lightly."

"So what do you propose?" Leena questions devastated.

Dante looks to Sebastian and then back down to Leena. "We could send her to your parents," Dante suggests.

"Hell. She might as well stay with us then," Owen argues. "The further, the better."

Leena quickly shakes her head. "No. I refuse. We all know that Sebastian and her are paired together. We cannot separate them even though they haven't done anything yet. No." Leena grabs Dante's hand as he squeezes it to comfort her. "I refuse. Not only that. Who is to say they don't follow you guys back? The problem will only move around until we find out where the bastard is hiding."

Jasmine then shakes her head. "I agree with Leena. It's hard enough as is already. We have to come up with a better solution."

"There's no other better solution," Dante argues. He then looks to Sebastian and then down to his wife who was looking at him like he had lost his mind. "She needs to leave the pack."