Ten

Sebastian stared at the waves and deeply sighed. He looked over to Valerie's peaceful face. "You must be worn out from all that crying," he mumbled. He ran a hand down his face and then up through his hair a bit agitated with the situation. "What do I do now." He took out his phone and got out of the car. He tapped on his mother's name under the contact's list and then put the phone to his ear. Sebastian looked back to the car where Valerie was still sleeping and took a good few steps away, just in case. "Son," his mother answers in her usual cheery tone.

"Mother," he sighs. He again runs a hand up through his hair and shuffles it. "I couldn't tell her. Valerie ended up falling asleep and...I didn't want to wake her."

She hummed. "Okay...Well...Do you even know what to say to her?"

"Kind of. Sort of. Not really." He glared up to the sky. "At first I thought I'll just beat around the bush about it. Then I thought about just flat out saying it. But then...just the thought of her rejecting me got me falling back to square one again. I want to tell her. So bad do I want to tell her but...I'm not sure if this is the right time or not. It feels right but at the same time it doesn't. I want her to know but a part of me doesn't. I know I should but...I'm so afraid I would lose her..."

"Tell her. Don't tell her. Do it. Don't do it. Wait. Don't wait. Right. Wrong. Left. Right. Up. Down. These are all hard choices that you have to make. You did say you wanted to tell her so as your mother, you should tell her."

"And if you weren't my mother?" He mumbled sadly.

She fell silent until he heard her sigh. "As a woman, I wouldn't want to be lied to. Never once, I don't think, have I ever had to lie to your father about the whats, whens, hows, wheres, and whys. I just say what I have to say and do what I have to do. That time when our memories were stored away was the hardest time I had to endure. To not tell him killed me. To force myself not to shift so the marking won't take place, hurts. To see all the hurt in everyone's eyes and to see the confusion your father expressed every time we had been together made it all feel worse. As I woman, I want the truth even if it hurts me that way it will then be up to me whether I want to accept it or not."

Hearing the car door open and close he looks over his shoulder to find a drowsy Valerie walk up to him. "Thanks," he whispers and ends the call. He fully turns his body to her and shoves his phone into his pocket. He gives her a warm smile as she smiles tiredly in return. "Hey sleepyhead," he greets with a light chuckle when she sends a glare towards him. Valerie moves right into his warmth and wraps her arms around his body and presses her forehead against his chest. He hesitates to move his arms around her, knowing that if was going to do it he wouldn't want to let her go. Sebastian lets out a lengthy sigh while pushing her away, extending his arms completely and then took a few steps back away from her.

He rubbed the back of his neck and slightly turns away, refusing to look at her. "Valerie...This is...important so I want you to listen closely okay?" He starts. He took a deep breath and quickly let it out in a huff. Sebastian turns to her as the hurt was already in her eyes. "I-I'm...." He stuttered to a stop. His heart felt like it was going to explode with stress and he could feel his head already start to hurt. He let out a frustrated growl and approached her. Valerie stared on shocked at his sudden move when he reached up and cupped her face. The look in his eyes grew soft and determined as he stared back at her. He took a step closer, his face inches away from hers.

Valerie couldn't move. She was frozen in her spot. Was it the atmosphere? Was it the setting sun that drew an unexplainable feeling around her? Not like she was complaining, it felt good. It was the warmest feeling she had felt in the longest time. If she was being honest with herself, she missed it. The expression Sebastian has, the unfaltering determination in his eyes that also glowed with love and affection, got her in the feels. "Valerie," came his ghostly, husky voice that got her heart dropping to the pit of her stomach and then explode with butterflies. Yes, she remembers this feeling all too much and missed it dearly. No words can describe how happy, warm and safe she felt then to be in Sebastian's presence and she could never understand why she felt this way; she never questioned it.