Fourteen

Valerie woke up the next morning to a bed without Sebastian in it. She pushed herself up into a sitting position and looked around her room to find him no where. She took in a deep shaky sigh and laid back down and pulled the covers over her shoulder. She hugged her pillow and closed her eyes with another sigh when the question he asked yesterday replayed in her head. "I don't know how I should comfort you as my mate and I refuse to comfort you as my sister. Tell me how I should comfort you..."

"I don't know either," she grumbled out with a pout. Valerie buried her face into her pillow and loudly groaned into it out of frustration. She repositioned herself back. "I'm so conflicted..." Valerie rolls over onto her back and stares up at the dull ceiling and what she saw got her blinking up at it. She slightly squinted to read what it says.

"내 마음은 당신에 속하는
Il mio cuore ti appartiene
Mi corazón te pertenece
我的心屬於你
Mon cœur t'appartient
หัวใจของฉันเป็นของคุณ"

She tilted her head unsure until she read the last sentence.

"My heart belongs to you"

Her phone pinged loudly for a notification making her jump. She pulled herself up to sit and leaned back against the wall all while still looking up at the wordings on the ceiling and blindly reaching over to get her phone. Once she felt it, she grabbed it and turned it on. She opened up her text messaging app and clicked on Sebastian's name.

Seba: Did you find the message?

Her eyes travel back up to the words.

V: Uh huh....

Right after he sent a message.

Seba: Good

And that was that.

Valerie blinked at his last reply with a questionable stare and then looked up to her ceiling again. She turned on her camera and zoomed in and then took a picture. "What languages are these anyways." After researching, she was amazed he knew how to write in those asian languages. "Looks legit...." she comments with a smirk. She clicks on his name again.

V: I didn't know you knew how to write in Korean, Thai, and Chinese

Seba: I had a lot of time last night
Seba: And it's called the internet. You should look into it

She chuckles out a stale laugh.

V: Ha ha.....very funny

Seba: You still haven't answered my question from last night

Valerie re-reads his last reply and his question came replaying back in her head. "I don't know how I should comfort you as my mate and I refuse to comfort you as my sister. Tell me how I should comfort you..."

She hesitates to give him an answer. How can she give him an answer when she herself doesn't even know it? Valerie just keeps re-reading the message until another message came through.

Seba: Until you can give me an answer
Seba: I don't think we should see or talk to each other from this point on
Seba: I don't want to be lead on by my own hopes
Seba: I'll give you the rest of the month to decide. I do hope you can choose me in the end

Valerie reads it over and over and each time she did her heart sunk deeper and deeper. She didn't want to do what he suggested. She wanted to keep talking to him and be like how they used to. It was selfish of her, she knew that for a fact but she didn't want to lose what they had. She looks up the ceiling once more and before she knew it, tears down the sides of her face stunning her. She takes a hand and wipes one side of her temple and then looked down at her hand confused only to have her eyes become blurry. With one blink, her tears fell and dripped off her chin. She clutches onto her phone desperately but she knew he was right. There was no way they could continue on with only a one-sided love. Taking a deep shaky breath, she gave him a reply.