Twenty Five

She could see it now as she made her round through their little village. She plastered on a smile and greeted them like usual and continued on towards her father's home. A routine she's been doing at least twice a week, on the same day and at the same time. So to speak, she was giving Alec an opportunity to make his move. She entered her father's home and loudly greeted him at the front door. Valerie could hear his heavy footsteps from above her, down the hall and towards the stairs. She grins as he appears right on time. "Hello, father."

He heaves out a deep sigh. "Daughter of mine."

Her mouth gaps a bit at the sound of his voice that dripped with regret.

"Wow. Okay."

Dante let out a hearty laugh and, instead of comforting her, turned to the kitchen. She followed after him to find her mother at the table, casually sipping her drink. Leena looks to her with laughter in her eyes. Valerie pouted. "Mom."

"Daughter," she greets with a smile while placing her cup down. "Your father wasn't kidding."

Dante smirks and finishes making his snack. He approaches his wife and kisses her on the head. He moves to his daughter and stands before her, just looking down at his little girl. "Daughter," he starts out. Valerie crosses her arms and stares up at him with scowling eyes. He nods. "Yup. She's mine." He takes a sip of his coffee and moves past her with Valerie gaping after him. 

"Dad!" She swirls around at the sound of her mother's laughter. "Wow. I can't with you two today."

Leena waves her hand dismissively.

Valerie could see color in her mother's face. Hope, swirling in Valerie's chest that there was a chance her mother would survive this. It has been a while since she had seen her mother smile so wholeheartedly as if whatever had happened just weeks before hadn't happened. So she just stood there, remembering all of her mother's features. She still couldn't wrap her head around it. Why did it have to be her? Why, her? The thought of it quickly brought tears to her eyes. Valerie turned away, throwing her hands in the air. "Whatever mother. I'm going to go look for Seba."

She could hear her mother soft chuckle as she closed the door behind her. Valerie stood there for a moment before recomposing herself. With a deep breath, she lifted up her head and straightened her shoulders. "Seba!" She walked down the porch steps, looking left to right for her mate to magically appear. "SEBA!"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

She jumped with a gasp. Whipping around, he stood there with a raised brow. Valerie pointed to the house. "They're bullying me."

He nods. "Okay."

Valerie stares at him dumbfounded. "Do something," she pouts.

Sebastian chuckles. "Do tell."

"Something," she blandly states. "Beat up dad or something."

His smile broadens in a mischievous way. "Yeah?"

She stares back confused now. "Wait. What exactly are you thinking right now?"

He shrugs. "Well....to beat dad, I'd have to fuck his daughter and rub it in his face."

She was astonished at the outcome of his thought process, she became speechless. "No. That's gross. Why would your mind even go there?"

"How else are you going to beat him??"

Valerie closes her eyes in distraught. She re-opens them and looks at Sebastian dead in the eyes. She moves close to him, making him straighten up. "Seba," she starts in a low tone. "Just exactly, how, are you going to fuck me?" His breath got caught up and his eyes dilated. Valerie sweetly grabs one of his arms, trailing her hand down to meet his and intertwine their fingers together. She closes in on him, hugging his arm between her breasts - making sure he knew she was braless. Innocently, Valerie tilts her head back to look up at him. "Tell me, Seba," she urged in a whisper.