Seventeen

Sebastian was hunched over with her pillow in his arms and his face half buried into it. He opens his eyes and turns his head, laying it on top of the pillow, and stares over to her. She looks back a little confused. She couldn't seem to tear her eyes away from his angry looking ones. Sebastian stands, sloppily tossing the pillow onto her bed and approached her. With each second passing by, Valerie raised her head to stare up at his tall height upon his approach.

Sebastian closes the door, pushing Valerie up against it, and entraps her in between himself and the door. Valerie trembled at his closeness, relishing in the warmth that cascaded off of him. He then leans down, pressing his forehead against hers, and leaned against his arms that supported him up. He closes his eyes and he too relished in her presence. Valerie's eyes fluttered as she stares at his face. She then reaches up and holds onto his arms, making him tense up at her sudden touch. He opens his eyes, pulling back just slightly, and looks down at her as she stares back with unreadable expression.

Valerie moves in and hugs him, gripping the back of his shirt and placing the side of her face up against his chest to hear his loudly beating heart race. She holds him tighter and closes her eyes to remember his warmth, the steadiness of his breathing, and the race of his heart. After staying like that in silence, Sebastian pulls himself away from her knowing nothing good would come out from staying any longer.

With a pat on the side of her head, he moves her out of the way and exits her room. Once the door closes softly behind her, tears she didn't know she was holding back spills down past her cheeks. She forces a smile on after hearing his fading footsteps. Sniffling, she wipes away the tears and gets herself ready for bed.

A few days passes by and soon enough a few weeks breezed through. Valerie continued her days like every other day and Sebastian became busy with his new life. Dragging herself home after a day's training, she opens her bedroom door to have an awful stench blast her in the face. With a hand flying up to cover her mouth and nose, she stumbled back startled. Rushing in, her room was a mess as if someone was searching for something and when they didn't find what they were looking for they decided to just destroy everything. 

Staying any longer in the room, the stench only worsened making Valerie sick to her stomach. Valerie quickly gets out of her room, gasping for fresh air. She links in with her father and Sky, glaring at her bedroom door. Sky had just entered the house when Valerie linked in with him. With haste, Sky went up to Valerie's room to have her pacing back and forth out in the hallway. "Val. What happened?"

Valerie stopped and stared at her brother with irritation and anger. "Some asshole peed all over my room, Sky!" She curses out as she points to her room. "That son of a bitch marked my room!"

Just as she was telling Sky, Dante and Leena all approached. Sky went over and opened her door and immediately his hand flew up to cover his mouth and nose like how she had done. Leena goes to Valerie and holds her as Dante and Sky covered themselves up and entered her room. Valerie stood glaring at her bedroom door, covering up when the stench came their way.

"What a strong stench," Leena gagged. "Jesus. It's as if it has been sitting around for months!"

Both of them shuttered in disgust as the boys exited and closed the door. Valerie looked to her father for some kind of answer but got nothing. Leena tried to comfort her but of course, nothing appeased her. After setting Valerie up in a different room, Dante left them to get with David and Sebastian. Valerie angrily threw the pillow over to the head of the bed and then shuffled the blankets again as if there was something on it. Leena grabbed her arms to stop her. "Stop. Your father will get to the bottom of this."

"Once I find out who did it, they're dead," Valerie vows. She throws down the blanket with a huff then looks to her mother. Taking a breather, Valerie pushes her mother out of the room. "You need to get some rest. I'll get you some water so you can take your medicine. Go." After ushering her mother to go, Valerie goes to get water and hands it over to her mother and then leaves her for the rest of the night.