Chapter 16 - Spirits of the Apes

Start from the beginning

Ajamu: (You'll also need an army at some point to take on the gods. And maybe a few allies, but for that you'll need your own kingdom.)

Alger: (Ajamu he just started his journey it's to early to form a kingdom.)

Ajamu: (I know. Anyway how do you like your new weapon? Alger wanted to give you a regular katana but I made some modifications to it.)

Alger: (You mean you butchered my creation. There is nothing wrong with a
ninjatō.)

Ajamu: (I believe you meant to say thank you.)

Alger: (Thank you?)

Ajamu: (You're welcome. Oh champion, we will now enter your soul to enhance your abilities and help you grow.)

Alger just facepalmed, as Ajamu reached his hand out to place his hand on your chest to go into your soul. But when his hand made contact dark lightning shot out and blasted him back. They were both stunned, apparently there already a spirit inside your soul.

Ajamu: (What spirit resides inside your soul champion? Is its intentions good or evil?)

He questioned you as he slowly got up, still recovering from being blasted across the room.

Devan: (The spirit inside me has saved my life several times.)

Ajamu and Alger looked at each other before looking deep into your eyes for any sign of you lying. Alger just sighed before helping Ajamu up and moving closer to you.

Alger: (Well if we can't reside in your soul we will reside in your weapon.)

Alger and Ajamu touched your weapon transporting themselves inside it. Your weapon glowed blue then red before returning to normal. That was a nice reunion. You decided to question System on the lightning while walking to the exit.

Devan: Why did black lightning appear out of my chest?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: They've attempted to enter your soul.

Devan: That doesn't explain the lightning.

S.Y.S.T.E.M: It was a defense mechanism to prevent possession of your body. If they had succeeded I would have been ejected from your soul. And I'm not willing to share.

Devan: Aww, do you care about my wellbeing?

S.Y.S.T.E.M: Partially, the purpose of my existence is to care for you.

With that in mind they made it out the temple entrance to be introduced to the sun just rising. Wystan was there to, he seemed to be having a arm wrestle with the two statues. He seemed to be struggling with the two at the same time. Wystan looked up to see you, he seemed to be overjoyed as he began to push the statue's hands back.

He took another look at you just to see you cheering for him. This was enough for him to win as he shattered the two statue's hands. Wystan stood up and raised his hands in victory. You began to make your way down to him as he began to taunt the statues.

Wystan: Master your back already?

Devan: (What do you mean already?)

Wystan: You were gone for only a few minutes. See, the sun is just rising.

He was right the sun was just beginning to rise. So time seemed to slow down in the spirit world. I also wanted to know why Wystan was arm wrestling with the statues.

Devan: (Why were you arm wrestling with the statues?)

Wystan: They claimed because their body was made of more beautifully crafted stone, while my body was more jagged and had vegetation all over, they were better. So I responded with "You may look better, but I can still make you as ugly as me." They didn't take it to well as they challenged me to test of strength.

Devan: (I'm glad you won. I hope they learned their lesson of judging based on looks.)

Wystan: Oh they will. I gave them a permanent reminder.

He then pointed to the statues who were looking at their broken hands.

Wystan: Unlike us golems, statues cant bring back lost limbs without assistance of a mage. Remember your lost hands when you challenge another golem.

The statues seemed to glare at Wystan before picking up their weapons and moving back to their original positions. Hopefully these guys dont hold a grudge against us. As we were about to leave, one of the statues dropped their weapon before throwing something at us. Wystan quickly got in front of me and caught whatever they threw. But we were suddenly teleported back to the path intersection. Apparently they threw one of the golden fruit at us.

Wystan: Well I'm going to get you some lunch master.

He walked away through the trees in search of your lunch. You unsheathed your katana wanting to practice using it. When you unsheathed it Ajamu and Alger came out as well.

Alger: (What is it champion?)

Ajamu: (Are you going to practice? Would you like me to teach you how to use it?)

Alger: (He's going to be using a weapon of my troop, obviously I should teach him.)

Ajamu: (But that weapon is infused with the technology of my troop. So I should teach him to use it.)

Alger: (There is no point in using your modifications if he cant use the weapon itself.)

Ajamu: (He won't need to know that because when he learns how to use the enhancements, he will keep his enemies at bay.)

They are like children. Its hilarious to watch and listen to at first, but over time it gets annoying.

Devan: (Can't I choose my instructor?)

Ajamu: (Of course.)

Alger: (If you wish.)

Ok so should I go with learning how to use the weapon itself? Or learn how to use the enhancements first? After a few minutes of thinking I came to a decision.

Devan: (I choose....)

(Thanks for 1k reads didn't think I would get this far)