An Hour

It was a late afternoon and the V.E.N.O.M. squad were gathered in the meeting room of the their base, as the leader of the squad told them about his plan to steal the Magic Cube. "What you guys think?" he asked his members for their insight. Angela, Grock and Harley just agreed to his plan, but Hanabi remained silent as she leaned against the wall of the meeting room and it made him very unhappy.

"Nephila, your thoughts," Gusion asked her for her insight as he kept his cool.

"It feels too ambitions Emperor," she replied, "I mean just because we managed to milk out all the info out of her, doesn't mean; that she was telling the truth. If I was capture, I would too lie and try my best to get this lie info to my squad".

"She does make a point captain," Harley agreed with Hanabi's statement, "maybe we should keep a closer eye on her for a few more days," he suggested.

"No," he replied, "Dr. Leo is getting impatient and he wanted the Magic Cube as soon as possible. Tonight we strike and end Dr. Wu rained of terror".

"Yes captain," said everyone as they agreed to the plan, all except Nephila.

"Nephila, what is your answer?" he demanded for her answer.

"Yes, captain," she hesitantly said as she looked away from her captain. She still disagree with her captains action, but she was loyal to her captain.

"Rest well everyone," he ordered, "at midnight, we strike". Everyone nodded as they returned to their quarters, except for Hanabi and Gusion. 

Gusion looked at his comrade, that was staring at the distance out the window. She watched the sun set as the once blue sky, changed its color to purple, yellow and orange. "Mike, are you seeing this?" she murmured to herself, "just like when you were little," she hold back the tears from rolling down her cheeks.

"Life is so beautiful and yet so cruel," she continued as she walked out of the room, avoiding to look at Gusion in the eye.

In the Land of Dawn, life is never fair for everyone. They lost so many, some beliefs made them unsafe, darkness take away their love ones, ambitions blind their love and sacrifice are made for ones own benefits. Life was never fair and yet it made them question decisions after the damage was done.

It was close to midnight, Grock and Harley, cuffed Layla's hand and legs with heavy silver chains and blindfolded her; to not reveal the location of their base. Angela was making the last minute check-ups on everyone, so they were fit for battle. Gusion kept a close eye on his team, he watched Grock guarding Layla, Angela checking up on Harley's arm and Harley making sure his magic was working finely. He then turned to the marksman of the team, as she was sharpening her weapon and also her kunai. He wondered what she was thinking as she was daydreaming.

He walked towards her and put a hand on her shoulder, "Nephila, are you alright?"

"Yes, captain," she replied as she snapped out of her thoughts.

"After we steal the Magic Cube, we could can go back to our normal lives," he tried to comfort her, clearly not working.

"Our normal lives? What normal lives captain? Angela back in pieces, Harley in jail, Grock back in an experimental lab?!" she yelled at her superiors. Her yells managed to catch attention of the whole team. "And me arrested, we don't have someone to stand up for us Gusion, but you do," she continued.

"What the hell are you talking about Hanabi?" he asked as he was confused.

"Dr. Leo don't care about us Gusion, he cares about us and only you because you saved him. After you get the Magic Cube you will live the life of luxury and we all at the bottom," she continued.