Moving In

The next day, I went back to my old apartment, to pack some of my stuff, with Gusion and Angela. Angela tagged along as she wanted to make sure that I was really fine and as for Gusion, he just wanted to see how I lived for all these years in Zlatan.

We arrived at my apartment as I opened to the home that I will now used to be my home for years. After Mike's death, I could not stay in the first apartment, that was full of memories of my brother; it was too painful to cope with.

I then smelt a familiar aroma, I went to the kitchen and I stared at the oven. It was a good thing that I turned off the oven before I left.

"Why are you staring at that oven Hanabi?" Angela's sweet voice rang in my ear.

I did not answer and opened the oven door. it must be cooled since it was left overnight. I took out the crystal glass pie tin as a tears rolled down my eyes. Right in front of my eyes was a perfectly baked apple pie with a golden brown, sugar and caramel glazed crust; it was Mike's favourite. He would eat it with a tall glass of cold milk and eating like a 3 year old.

"Wow, that pie looks perfectly cook," Gusion suddenly complemented on my baking skills.

"Thanks, it reminds me of my brother. It's his favorite," I said without taking my eyes off the beautiful creation in my hands.

"Apple pie is also Harley's and Gusion's fave," Angela said with a sweet giggle.

I looked at Gusion and he turned his head away in embarrassment. I too let out a giggle, I thought it was cute that he was embarrassed. "I think it would be a good breakfast gift for the squad," I suggested what to do with the pie. "Don't you think so, Angela?" I looked at Angela.

"I say it's a good idea Nephila," she agreed as she called me by my new code-name. I have to get used to this new name.

I looked at Gusion and I saw Gusion's eyes filled with stars, looked like someone was excited to have apple pie for breakfast. "Guard the pie for me Vespid," I asked.

She nodded. "Protect it from a wild animal if you know what I mean," I joked , referring the wild animal to the silver haired leader of mine. I heard him scoffed at me as I walked into my room.

I took out my backpack from my closet and started filling with some casual clothes and a few ninja weapons. I was almost done packing until, I saw a photo of me and Mike on my bedside table. It was taken when he was little, still dreaming to be an inventor. I remember what he said to me when I asked about his dreams.

'I want to be an engineer, so my sister wouldn't have to work so hard. And will always stay by his side,' his promise to me. I wished I could saved on time. I would help you to walk on a different path with me. I hugged the photo as I cried my hearth out. I wished I could join him, but life was not fair for everyone. I wiped away my tears and put the frame into my bag. I took a last good look at my room that I would now called it my old room. I walked out to see Gusion, trying to take the pie from the Angela, who was quickly flying away frm him. I giggled at their childish ways, I guessed I have a new family now.

We returned back to the V.E.N.O.M.'s base, which was just an old abandoned labotary; that they renovated to looked like it was new. Looked like a place for a spider like me make her web and eat her prey, but I was not that type of girl. Angela just went inside as Gusion personally showed me around the base and my new room.

"So, this is your room," he said as he opens the door to nice simple room with a nice white bed with purple pillows and blanket, a wooden desk, a tall closet and a nice little wardrobe.