Family

Hanabi's POV

After a nice hot shower, I dried myself off with a towel. I did not know if it was the heat from the shower or the fact that I was using one of Gusion's towel, made my face turned red. I wrapped the towel around my body as the door suddenly opened.

"Hey, Hanabi," he asked, "are you done yet?".

I shrieked as I threw a bottle of soap at his face. "Seriously!" I yelled, "have you ever heard of knocking?!"

I quickly shut the door as I felt my cheeks heating up. Then I heard something, that I thought I would never heard it from a Paxley. "Sorry," he apologized.

"I'll put your clothes on the bed," he continued and after that I heard the bedroom door being closed.

I slightly opened the door, to make sure no one was in the room. I let out a sigh of relief as I stepped into the bedroom. As promised, he did left me a set of clothes, but it was the V.E.N.O.M.'s uniform. As I knew that there were no other clothes , I just put on the uniform. I looked at myself in the mirror and I had to admit, it did looked slimming on me and it really showed my shape a bit. As I put on the gloves, I realized that the watch my brother made for me was gone. I frankly looked around the room, looking for the most valuable item in my entire life.

"Looking for this?" I looked behind and saw Gusion holding my watch.

I quickly got up and took the watch form him. "What did you do it?" I glared at him.

He put his hands up in defense and replied, "I just asked Harley to have a looked at it; it looked like it's broken".

I looked at it and it was working finely. A tear had escaped my eye as I remembered using it all the time and when it broke, I waited patiently for Mike to repair it; I would not start training until the watch was fully fixed.

As I was lost in my own memories, Gusion wiped away my tear and put the watch on my wrist for me. "I had to admit, your brother was indeed a genius; Harley took a long time repairing it," he complemented my brother's genius.

"Yeah, he was," I looked at the watch on my wrist with a sad smile on my face.

Gusion took a step away from me and looked at me from top to bottom; and said that my uniform was missing something. He took a black headband with two amethyst stones, it almost looked like the eyes of a spider, and put it in my hair.

"There, it really completes your uniform and it kinda looks cute on you," he complemented me.

"Um, arigato," I said as I felt my cheeks heating up.

He looked at me me questioningly. "It means thanks in Japanese".

"Oh um, so are you reconsidering of my offer?"

I sighed, "I just can't Gusion, I need to have my revenge on my own".

He looked at me disappointingly as he pleaded, "Like I said, I won't force you to join, but you can't do it alone Hanabi. I know how it felt to lose a family member..." I cut him off before he could say anything else.

"Don't you dare say you understood me Gusion!" I yelled in anger at him.

"You don't have any family members to lose because you left the clan! I never met my parents and Mike was the only person I had left in this world!" I cried my whole heart out.

"Hanabi, I..." he tried to comfort me, but I pushed him to the side and ran out of the V.E.N.O.M.'s base, with my cheeks wet.

Gusion's POV

I sighed as I sat down on my bed. What is the best thing of having a family? It was all bullsh*t to me. It meant nothing me as having a family had no use, they could slow me down. Looks like my squad was missing its marksman. In the entire Land of Dawn, Hanabi was the only best candidate as my squad's marksman. Her motive of vengeance was perfect to steal the Magic Cube, but she was too stubborn to ask for help.

Why did I not ask Lesley to join? Sure, she was a great marksman, but she was too in love with me. It will benefit for Harley, get to see his sister everyday, but I knew he would rather be further away from her. I broke up with her so I could form this squad.

Ugh! Love is so unfair! I tried everything to sway Hanabi to join, but she would not.

I began to think back of the argument I just had with her. Why did I say I understood her, when clearly I did not? Ugh! I'm such a fool!

Hanabi which means fireworks, right? It was quite suiting for her. She did really blasted in the dark sky with her impressive marksmanship. I did not know she had that kind of skill. She even surpassed Lesley.

I must admit, she was indeed the most pretty girl in the Land of Dawn. I can feel my cheeks heating up as I thought of the ninja. Ugh! Why is she always the person I thought whwn I hear the words a pretty girl? Is she really that pretty? No, she was beautiful. Ugh! I hate love so mush!

I have to think of a way to get her to join my squad. Maybe if she saw the potential of my squad, maybe she would agree to join. But how? Then my question had been answered when Harley knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said.

"Captain," he reported, "she is going to plot an attack tonight at a warehouse".

A warehouse? Must be the place where she lost her brother? I knew attaching a microphone to that watch was a good idea.

"Alright Harley, you may go," I ordered as he left.

Hmm, maybe this will get her attention then. If she almost failed to beat S.A.B.E.R.; my team will swoop in to help. This will work then. Damn, I installed a microphone inside a girls watch and making plans, just to get her attention? I really am insane when it comes to her.

And I love it.