Chapter 19

"Lou-is! Lou-is! Lou-is!"

Our chanting gets louder as Louis lifts the hot dog to his face.

"There's no way I'll be able to do it!" he complains, staring at the gigantic hot dog stuffed with relish, ketchup, and mustard.

"Too bad," Niall teases him. "You bet you could stuff the whole thing in your mouth, so that's what you're gonna do!"

We continue chanting as Louis sighs and practices stretching open his mouth. Ricky is behind us, poised with his camera, ready to take some of the most embarrassing pictures known to this fandom.

"Lou-is! Lou-is! Lou-is!"

I smile widely as I watch Louis sigh again, and then finally, after watching us cheer him on, he goes for it. He stuffs the hot dog into his face, trying to fit the whole thing into his mouth, bun at all. Everyone cracks up as the ketchup and mustard smears onto his upper lip. I can tell that Louis is trying not to choke from laughter as he bites down, only letting in half of the hot dog. The rest he chucks into the fire as he attempts to chew the ginormous bite.

"Oh my god, that was great," I laugh, wiping tears from my eyes as Louis wipes some mustard off his chin.

"That was hot," Harry agrees, snapping a picture of his own with his phone.

Louis holds his hand over his mouth and tries to block out the phone's view with his other hand. It takes him a legit whole minute to finish chewing, but when he finally swallows he gasps for air.

"Oh my god. Never. Again," Louis pants, gripping his stomach, but his mischievous smile is still there. "I'm not eating for the rest of my life."

"Oh, I am!" Caitlin scoffs, digging into her burger piled high with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, and cheese. I don't understand how she can eat so much just six hours after her huge lunch. I'm already full from half my cheeseburger, but it's partly because I'm too mentally exhausted to eat.

"Hey guys?" Steve calls to the boys from his group with the bodyguards. "I need you five over here for a few minutes for a couple group pictures."

The boys all stand up and head over to Ricky and Steve, who are waiting with a camera. As they are grouped together in front of a couple scenic trees for the first picture, I see out of the corner of my eye Phoebe rush over to the empty benches.

"Whatcha doing?" Lauren asks, watching as Phoebe fumbles through the boys' blankets.

"Hang on," she says, occasionally looking up at the bodyguards, who are busy watching the boys pose for the camera. I watch her dig through the blankets, until finally, with a huge grin, she picks out a small black object.

"I got it!" she whispers to us, running back to her spot as she pulls out her phone. I peer closely at the black thing in her hand and gasp when I recognize it: Harry's phone. He must have set it down after taking the picture of Louis.

"Oh my god, Phoebe, put it back," Lauren says sternly. "What if they catch us?!"

"Shh!" Phoebe responds harshly. "Just stay quiet and we won't get caught."

"You won't get caught," Caitlin corrects as I watch Phoebe open the contacts on Harry's phone. She opens the notes app on her own phone, and starts copying down numbers.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper loudly. "You can't take their numbers!"

"Sure I can," Phoebe snaps, scrolling down from Niall's contact to Zayn's, typing their numbers into her own phone.

"What are you even gonna do with those?" Lauren asks, worry in her voice. "They'll be suspicious if you just text them."

Phoebe doesn't reply and just keeps on working, copying down the digits at top speed.