Chapter 1

A/N: Don't forget, there's a prologue that I posted earlier! Read it to find out how Nina and Caitlin won the contest! :) Enjoy!

-Nina (Original Writer)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I've always wanted to move to London. Don't get me wrong, California's awesome; the restless beaches, the mild rainy winters, the bright sun that allows me a decent tan in the summer. Let's not forget the shirtless lifeguards, the hot college guys, the shaggy-haired Hollister & Co. staff, and the, um, shirtless lifeguards. But there's just something here that is... I don't know... missing. Shouldn't LA have it all, though? The celebrities, the nightlife, the shopping? The place where you can just play volleyball in the sand and roam down Rodeo Drive sipping lattes? That's the life most girls would expect when the name 'Los Angeles' comes to mind. That's the life that I, Nina Hamilton, have lived for my entire life.

So here I am now, a soon-to-be college freshman in the midst of my summer transition. With my good grades, position as captain of an elite volleyball club, and my frequent activity in charity work, I was accepted into my dream school, Manchester University. I have always wanted to move to London. The thought of studying there, spending my days in small cafés and shopping in vintage boutiques, never fails to make me smile. I still can't believe it - in September I'll finally move to the UK and start my next adventure there as a college freshman - eek!

As if that wasn't awesome enough, in exactly three days I'll get to go visit Manchester Uni and get a real-life taste of the campus.

Why? Because I'm going to London.

Why? Because the long plane ride is on June 16th, which is in three days.

WHY? Ok, fine. I'll tell.

Because I'm meeting One Direction.

Yup.

You heard right. I'm the one who won the radio sweepstakes to meet One Direction in London. Ok, fine, Caitlin won, but technically we won together, her being my best friend and all. Thanks to a week of late night tweeting and Facebook messaging, the radio called me and we were given the news live on broadcast.

Ok, fine, they called Caitlin. But let me tell you, Los Angeles has never heard screams as loud as ours when we got the call.

We were pretty much quasi-celebrities for a week or so to follow. We were bombarded with texts and tweets and messages for the rest of the night, and our friends and followers knew us as The Luckiest Girls On The Planet Who, On The 16th Of June, Were To Jet Off To The UK And Spend A Day With One Direction In The Best Place On Earth. London. My future home.

It took Caitlin about two minutes to give her parents the details and convince them to let her go; however my parents were a whole different story. Of course, smart me chose to tell them about the contest AFTER I had won it. They let me go obviously, since I'm 18, but now I'm stuck paying for my own food and stuff the radio station doesn't cover. I have to dip a little into my wardrobe budget and we'll probably be eating cheap microwaveable meals for most of the vacation, but you won't see me complaining. I'm finally going to meet the five boys I've stalked online for, um, ever. I bought their posters, magazines, books, and music. I watched their every last video on YouTube. I memorized every lyric. I tweeted them each and every day for about a year. I dedicated a Tumblr blog and Twitter account to them. I bought their concert VIP passes for both world tours. And now, in less than 100 hours, I'll be talking to them in real life. Do tell, what is air?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

My afternoon daydreaming-slash-yoga sesh is interrupted by a phone call from Caitlin. "Hello?" I answer.

"Get in the car, loser, we're going shopping."

"Wha..." I peek out of my window and, sure enough, Caitlin was honking her white Nissan in my driveway.

"And when did you tell me about this shopping trip?" I ask. I love Caitlin, but sometimes she's... well, unpredictable.

"Well I can't go tomorrow because I'm spending the day with my family, and I'm letting myself pack the whole next day, and-"

"Ok, ok," I laugh. "Just give me twenty." Caitlin and I had planned to go shopping before our trip for a while now, to buy some necessities for the vacation. I'm still searching for the perfect outfit to meet the boys in, and since we live in sunny California, I need to prepare for the cold, rainy weather.

I hang up and pad barefoot to my antique mirror in the corner of my room. Cringing, I take in my messy updo, old tank top, and Pink yoga pants. Definitely not a sight people should have to see.

I walk to my closet, opening the doors and smiling to myself. Secretly, fashion is my guilty pleasure. I'm sort of a clothing junkie, and my number one fashion icon is definitely Eleanor, Louis' girlfriend. My closet is filled with her style of neutral tones, feminine blouses, skinny jeans, and sandals, boots, and flats . Hearing Caitlin honk again, I quickly select and change into a white blouse, high waisted denim shorts, and leather sandals. I take my hair down from its ponytail and shake out the natural waves. I grab a comb and touch up my new middle part, then run my hands through the tangles. My yoga DVD session was interrupted quite early, so all I need to touch up is my mascara and a little peach blush. Lastly, I slide my beloved "N" ring onto my right pointer finger. It's gold and has a small N stamped on the front, for Nina. It was a cheap little thing from Urban Outfitters, so it's nothing special, but it's something I like to wear as a little touch of personal flair. Rolling my eyes at Caitlin's repetitive honking, I grab my brown cross-body bag and run down the stairs and out the door.

"So what are we getting?" Caitlin asks as I get into the car next to her. She looks adorable as always in a black sleeveless button-up and blue shorts.

I think through the mental list of clothes I need. "I want some new jeggings and cardigans, since the weather's crap over there, and we both need an insanely cute outfit for meeting the boys!" Just saying that makes Caitlin and I squeal a little. "Then we can come back to my place, and you can help me pack. I need desperate help deciding what to bring."

"Got it," Caitlin says, scrolling through her iPod connected to the stereo. Liam's god-like voice suddenly fills the car.

"From the moment I met Lou, everything Zayn!" Caitlin cries out, backing out of the driveway.

"I knew I had to get Lou, whatever the Payne!" I shout back, giggling like an idiot.

"I HAD TO TAKE LOU AND MAKE LOU NIALL!" we both scream, making some neighbors turn to stare at us. It didn't matter, though; my best friend and I didn't care a single bit.