Chapter 12

A/N: One of my fave chapters!!! Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and or comment on what you think! Much appreciated! (:

-C.M

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus parks on a busy street only three minutes after we cross the bridge. I peer over the railing and see people walking along the sidewalks, talking on their phones and chatting with friends. Little do they know that the world's biggest boy band is hovering twenty feet above them.

The bus hisses as the driver shuts it down. "First stop," Paul calls up to us, and everyone gets up from their seats. Harry turns around to face me, and my stomach does a summersault. It's still so surreal to see him in person, like I'm in a dream.

"You are going to love this place," he says, excited. Then he claps his hands onto Louis' shoulders as they walk down the stairs. Holding hands, Caitlin and I follow them, to the first floor of the bus. Down here, I can finally see the rest of our escorts; along with Ricky and Steve, Paul, Preston, and the two management guys are down here. They are all huge, like they can easily pick me up without the slightest hesitation.

The bus doors fold open, and I expect Louis and Harry to step out in front of me. They stay still, however, and let Paul and Preston out first. With a quick glance around the street, Paul motions for the two to step out. Caitlin and I follow them out onto the sidewalk, and Niall, Zayn, Liam, Phoebe, and Lauren come out next. Lastly come the two management guys, Ricky, and Steve.

"Everyone here?" Paul asks, doing a head count. I'm standing a few feet away from him, and in my head I'm fangirling like crazy. One Direction has got to be the only band where girls freak out over the tour manager.

"Good, we're all here," Paul announces. "This way." He starts to lead us down the streets, and all around us boys and girls, the six men form sort of a tall barrier, protecting us from the outside world. We dodge our way through the people on the street, slowly nearing the corner of the block. I'm literally two steps behind Harry, and can't help but stare at the back of his head, which is an arm length's away. Not that I'd reach out and touch it, or anything. I'm not that much of a creep.

Paul leads us around the corner, and I can't help but gasp at what I see. The street continues towards the river and stops at a dead end, only to reveal the London Eye, sitting right on the water. It's so much bigger in person than I'd imagined; the huge ferris-wheel-esque ride is an enormous white ring, with the glass capsules dotting the edge. I can't help but squeal a little, since I've practically been waiting to ride this for years.

Louis hears me and turns around as we walk. "Cool, huh?" he asks, looking proud of his country.

"Um, yes!" I reply, bouncing a little. To think. My favorite five boys. My best friend. And me. All in the same capsule, for like, half an hour. Perfect way to start a Tuesday morning.

The street turns into a large cement lot, and Paul stops and turns around to face us. "Alright, everyone, listen up. So this is going to take about thirty minutes, and while we're up there the 502.4 guys will be doing a short interview with you. Also, the public doesn't know about this trip yet so there shouldn't be too many fans here, but there's always at least three of them wherever we go." He shrugs. "But what can you do?" He then turns back around and leads us up to the lines.

In front of me, Harry and Louis are leaning in to eachother, whispering. "It's too quiet," I hear Louis say.

"I know," Harry whispers back, looking around. "It's like they're gonna pounce at anytime." I have no idea what he's talking about. That is, until I hear the first scream.

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!" a girl shrieks from fifty feet away.

"OH MY GOD, ONE DIRECTION!!!" her friend screams back, and the two sprint towards us. Of course, a few other people hear them, and within seconds at least ten of girls are running straight for our crowd. They can't lay a finger on us, however, because our bodyguards are well prepared. They all hold out their arms and block the oncoming mob, their huge profile shielding the screaming girls from the boys.