Chapter 15

Walking towards the screaming crowd is easier the second time, but not by much. I hide behind one of the bodyguards, shielding myself from the cameras and the fans, as we approach the mayhem. We have to walk back out of the park, curve around the crowd, and then walk straight towards the street, where luckily the bus is parked, waiting for us. It's not gonna be easy.

"NIALL, MARRY ME!"

"TAKE A PICTURE WITH ME, ZAYN!"

"HEY LOUIS, NICE BUM!"

A wall of tall, huge bodyguards presses against the hundreds of girls and forms a barrier between them and us. Paul briskly walks past the girls, turning around every once in a while to check on the boys and us. I stick as close to the left as possible, away from the ravenous chaos. Girls keep reaching their arms out as far as the guards allow, clawing to touch any of the boys' arms. It's terrifying, like one accidental brush against a hand and they'll pull you in. Not that they'd be interested in me, of course. In fact, judging by the girls' faces, as they see me and my VIP pass standing feet away from One Direction, they look like they want me roasted alive.

I spot a girl a few feet in front of me stretch out her arm and grab Harry's sleeve. She's already being pulled away from a bodyguard standing in front of her, but she'd managed to drag Harry close enough to get six other hands on him. They all claw at his shirt and one of them even pulls it up, exposing his abs to the crowd, which roars in response. Liam and Louis jump on it and pull Harry away, but not before the girls standing there have up close pics of his six pack, which will probably soon be all over Tumblr. Hopefully Harry won't know if (and when) I reblog it.

"They're like savage beasts," Caitlin shouts next to me, not caring when some of the screaming fans hear her.

"Wild animals," I reply. I dip my head as I catch another reporter snap a picture of me. It's kind of annoying and not at all flattering, like I've always imagined celebrities feel like when having their picture taken. I'd noticed some paparazzi hiding in the bushes and behind fences on my walk with Caitlin, Lauren, Phoebe, and the boys. I just shrugged it off, but it's still aggravating when they won't leave you the slightest bit of privacy.

"Stand back!" the bodyguards shout as they push the girls away from us, forming a small trail towards the entrance of the bus. We all speed walk to the open doors, and then one by one pile into the bus. This time, we stay on the first floor. The view isn't as nice, but at least we can clear our headaches from all the screaming echoing in our ears.

I take a window seat and Caitlin plops down next to me, resting her head on my lap. I look out the window to see the girls waving up to the bus, squinting to get a look inside the tinted glass. This time two more bodyguards board with us, and finally the doors hiss shut, blocking out at least half of the noise. Everyone sits down and the driver takes us away, down the street and away from the chaos. There are of course at least thirty girls who escape the wall of security, who run behind the bus, chasing us down for another block. We shake them off, however, after the driver cleverly makes several turns and picks up the speed.

"That left me utterly exhausted," Caitlin says, rubbing her eyes on my lap. She presses her cheek against my purse. "Ha, I can feel your phone vibrating on my fa-a-a-ace!"

I pull out my phone and check my notifications. Most of them are on Twitter, and by skimming through my mentions, I can already tell that the picture of Niall and Caitlin eating has been seen by everyone.

"HAHA is that @caitlin_tommo18? I think Niall's winning though! ur so lucky :D"

"I am forever jealous of u! u actually met the guys gahhh and are eating lunch together GAHHH"