Chapter 38

Enjoy the chapter! Xx Nina

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"I'm not sitting in a dry bathtub for ten minutes."

"You will if I tell you to, Zayn!"

Zayn squints at me and the rest of the guys chuckle. "Why do you hate me," he mumbles.

I sigh dramatically. "Look, I don't care WHO gets in the bathtub. But there isn't enough room for six people in there unless someone does!"

"This bathroom is so tiny," Louis remarks, disgusted almost. He peeks into our hotel bathroom, hardly any floor space around the toilet and sink.

"Well some of our rooms are being paid for by an LA radio station," I reply sassily. He raises his eyebrows at me and I sigh. "Look, sorry. The claustrophobia's getting to my head. Can you all just get in and stay quiet?"

The boys shrug and I slowly usher them out of the bedroom and into the small bathroom. Harry lowers the toilet seat and sits on top, criss-cross applesauce. Niall bounds into the bathtub, reclining back and pulling his hat over his closed eyes. Zayn and Liam shuffle into the small space, and Louis, nose wrinkled, disapprovingly follows them.

"And we're supposed to stay here for an hour," he asks coolly.

I roll my eyes. "This will last, like, ten minutes," I assure him. I peek into the bedroom area where Caitlin's sitting on the bed casually. "You two, missy!"

Caitlin's jaw drops. "I was gonna be in here for it!" she whines. I shake my head and wave her over.

"You're getting right in here with them," I order her, watching as she nervously gets up and comes to the crowded bathroom.

"There isn't even room for me," she complains. Louis is standing in the front, only inches away from where the door will close.

"Then get in the bathtub," I say dryly. She widens her eyes and looks over at Niall, who hears this and pulls his knees to his chest.

"Come keep us company, Caitlin!" Liam says, laughing.

"We don't bite," Zayn tells her. "And we smell good today, promise."

"Plenty of room here," Niall assures Caitlin, patting the rubber mat on the bathtub next to him. He laughs at her hesitation and I gently push her inside.

"Only ten minutes," I repeat. I watch amusingly as Caitlin steps into the bathtub and squats down, only a few inches away from Niall. "If you turn the shower on," she warns Louis. "My punches hurt."

Louis lifts up his hands in surrender as I slowly slide the door close. "And remember. Stay super super quiet!" I wave to the guys and Caitlin, then shut the door all the way. I jog back to the bedroom area. "Can you hear me?" I call out.

"Yeah." "Yup." "Uh huh."

"Cool. I'm getting her now," I tell them, walking out the main door. My hands shake as I walk down the hallway to the next room. Deep breaths, I think, running through the scenario in my head. Saturday morning, Caitlin's getting some coffee and I need to talk to Phoebe in my hotel room for a few minutes. Little will she know that One Direction is hiding in earshot in my bathroom.

I get to the door but freeze. The girl who hurt me, made me feel like trash, even nearly ruined my life, is on the other side. What if she knows our plan. What if she knows the boys will be listening in on our conversation. And worse; what if she doesn't fess up to anything. If she denies everything then I'll REALLY look like a fake. The negativity swirls around my head and I get nervous all over again.