Silas

Ana

Christian researched what you could about angels and demons. Erik stuck close to me while watching Dante. I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I walked over to Silas as he crouched in the living room, looking at Christian's books.

"Do you read?" I asked.

Silas put a book back and looked at me, then stood. "I used to read until I saw nothing but blackness. I don't even remember what happened to me or anything after that until I saw you," Silas responded.

"What do you remember?" I questioned.

"I remember walking, and the sun felt warm against my skin, then felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I closed my eyes and saw darkness," Silas told me.

"What year was that?" I asked.

"1864," Silas answered.

I looked at Silas with my mouth agape.

"I remember wearing some type of uniform and walking through a field," Silas replied.

"What color was the uniform?" I questioned.

"Blue," Silas responded, surprising me. "What?" He asked curiously.

"The civil war between the north and south happened during 1864. Union soldiers fought against the Confederate soldiers to end slavery. It was one of America's bloodiest battle on American soil. You fought for the Union," I explained.

"I have this urge to fight, but do good. It's like I have this inner conflict," Silas mentioned.

"Because you're half-angel/half-demon," I mentioned.

I watched Silas's wings move up as a halo appeared over his head. He closed his eyes; then, his wings became flames as his halo disappear and horns appearing. He opened his eyes as they blazed.

Erik and the others noticed Silas change and walked towards him. A few minutes later, Silas reverted to normal.

"Well, it seems the devil wants to come out and play," Dante mentioned.

We looked at Dante strangely, and he shrugged. I walked over and sat down on a couch. The months felt like a whirlwind as I learned about myself and others. I grew up with this world that I knew and entered a world that felt strange.

"You have an inert good to your soul; that's why you feel the way you do," Silas told me.

"No, I feel like I'm in a nightmare and can't wake up," I replied.

"Because you believed the information that your parents told you. Parents tell stories to their children, providing a false reality. If you tell your child that Santa Clause is real, they believe it, even if he doesn't exist," Silas explained.

"Isn't that dashing some poor child's dreams?" I asked with a look.

"Would you believe a lie or revel in the truth?" Silas questioned.

"You're asking for me to give up hope. Isn't that what dreams are, a hope for something better?" I inquired.

Silas walked around the room, looking at different trinkets. "I never said to give up hope. You misunderstood me," Silas countered.

"Then explain it to us," Erik demanded.

Silas stopped and walked towards Erik. He stared at Erik in the eyes. "You're an Alpha Wolf because you possess strength. You knew this because your parents told you that your world existed. They gave you the truth, and you accepted it. You dislike cunning people who prefer a lie," Silas said, looking at Dante.