Friend or Foe

Rory

Exhaustion swept over me. I plopped down on the couch as Silas sat on my right and Dante was on my left. All the memories I had lost had crashed into me at once. I wasn't the only one. Silas was experiencing the same feeling. We dragged Dante along for the ride.

"Why do I feel like I've been on a bender?" Dante asked.

"Essentially, you have," a voice said.

We looked at the front doorway as Christian stood there.

"When did you get back?" Erik asked.

"A few minutes ago. I was driving when memories crashed into me at once."

"The same thing happened to us."

"That doesn't surprise me from what I discovered." Christian entered the room, walked toward us, and studied us.

I lay my head on Silas's shoulder. I wanted to snuggle up with him and Dante and take a long ass nap.

"When did Rory change?" Christian asked.

"Yesterday," Erik said. "What did you find out?"

"I met with the great-great-granddaughter of an original witch."

We all looked at Christian.

"Sybil cloaked herself from anyone finding her. She will remain cloaked."

"What did she say?"

Christian pulled a book from his satchel and held it up. "Information pertaining to the original witches and Tempus are kept in this book."

Erik took the book from him and opened it. "It looks like a diary."

"Journal. The original witches documented information about Tempus and a spell that would destroy it. It will lift a Tempus curse."

"But I still remain a vampire," Dante huffed.

"Unfortunately. You completed the transformation when you fed."

"What about Rory? A Tempus vampire mated with a Dreamweaver," Silas said.

"Once the curse lifts, Rory will remain as he is since your birth lifted the curse of the Dreamweaver world."

"Good to know Silas saved me from dying." I shrugged.

Everyone looked at me.

"What? Do you know what it's like not to understand anything about what's happening to you? Then you have all these memories crash into you." My eyes blazed a bright blue, as did Silas and Dante's.

"What's up with their eyes?" Martin asked.

"Did Silas mark and mate with Rory?" Christian asked.

"Yeah. Silas's wolf pushed through," Erik said.

"That would explain why their eyes blazed the same color. It's the bond. What Rory feels, so do Silas and Dante. The same will happen to Silas and Dante since they're mates."

"What else should we know?"

Christian dragged a chair to us and sat down as the others gathered around us. "What did Abigail do to you?"

"Abby disciplined me," I said.

"No, what did she feed you?"

"A mixture of human food and blood. But it tasted weird." I shrugged and shook my head.

"What else?"

"She got angry when I cut my hair. I was perfect the way I was, but kids at school would taunt me and call me a freak. I didn't have the strength to fight them."